Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195841 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #330 on: April 09, 2020, 03:27:24 PM »

A-BOATER...you assume too much... Matthew 7:3

If you're a true Christian reading out of the KJB you'll know what it means.

There's a big difference between witnessing with zeal and out right preaching to those who are unsaved.

The true church is the spirit within yourself...not what roof stands above your head.

fisherforever

« Reply #331 on: April 09, 2020, 03:29:10 PM »

Nobody has ever seen them but I believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Loch Ness monster, Sasquatch
You forgot the Boogeyman and Chupacabra! I believe in Darwin and the theory of evolution, there is no god. All this religion crap doesn't belong here!!!!!

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #332 on: April 09, 2020, 03:34:03 PM »

You forgot the Boogeyman and Chupacabra! I believe in Darwin and the theory of evolution, there is no god. All this religion crap doesn't belong here!!!!!

Seconded!  Please take crazy elsewhere, we are definitely all stocked up here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgz5-8chSlk

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2020, 03:35:20 PM »

You're right this is not the place for it. But just to clarify...Faith and Religion are two different things...Faith doesn't create wars.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #334 on: April 09, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »

Holy Moly. This place. Sasquatch for PM !!!!!!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #335 on: April 09, 2020, 04:15:14 PM »

There's a big difference between witnessing with zeal and out right preaching to those who are unsaved.

The true church is the spirit within yourself...not what roof stands above your head.

Chris brought the trend back on the "tracks " and I commented on Corvid 19.
Then someone took a jab ..." A-boater take your meds " ( like I'm crazy )  ;D
Then I responded.
Then another jab ..."Who cares"  ;D
Then another says ... "wtf....laughing"
So I respond that a world famous psychiatrist says " demon activity is real....many other psychiatrists mental health care wkrs also have concluded the demonic is real...
So I respond to 3 jabs that took the trend off topic ...after Chris...and Nog got it on track.
After my response to the 3 jabs I made sure to mention info about Corvid 19.
Now yous again bring it off trend.  ;D
If you just talk on Corvid -19 I will too.
As for your recent jabs.... ;D
If there's a murder / robber loose in the neighbourhood guess ...I'm so bad if I give a warning to my neighbours to take caution.
Yous can believe what you will...but it doesn't change the facts.
What you are saying all these psychiatrists that believe in the demonic realm is the problem in "some " people who act strangely ARE YOU SAYING THESE PSYCHIATRISTS are LIARS?
That is convenient I guess if they see the world dif. than you.
You have a sq. box.
Anything that comes up outside that box you discount automatically.
Ok so ya say let's stick to CORVID 19.
I agree.
But if you jab me ...I'll fire back  ;D
Me I've only revealed just a tip of the iceberg.

As for corvid 19 think people are getting it finally.
Went out for a bike ride and when people got near each other ...the Red Sea parted....  :)
People made sure they kept their distance.
Got home and gargled with strong mouthwash ( one that kills germs ) and hand sanitizer.

hammer

« Reply #336 on: April 09, 2020, 07:27:10 PM »

I thought it was covid19 not Corvid19. There is certainly a concern about someone being a symptomatic and bringing it into a small community with with a small medical resources pool. Virus does not travel...people travel.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #337 on: April 09, 2020, 07:32:34 PM »

I thought it was covid19 not Corvid19. There is certainly a concern about someone being a symptomatic and bringing it into a small community with with a small medical resources pool. Virus does not travel...people travel.

It’s COVID-19, not CORVID-19. A corvid is of the crow family.
19 crows are not gathering to kill you.
But if they are...it’s a murder.

Robert_G

« Reply #338 on: April 09, 2020, 08:09:21 PM »

I don't think using that scripture to A-Boater is fair. He's been very humble with his posts.
On top of that, this is another particular verse that unbelievers cherry pick against Christians as a catch-all-rebuttal. In fact, that verse is so abused it doesn't even phase us anymore when people say it against us. Again...A-Boater does not deserve that used against him.

The best witnessing involves both. Zeal must include self control, but zeal in witnessing and proclaiming God's word can move mountains.

Whatever that means. I'll try and reword it correctly for you. (and I mean that in a nice way)
"The true church is God's chosen people who are filled with The Holy Spirit and are united under the headship of Jesus Christ. With that said....no building, organization, or religious anything apart from Jesus is the true church"

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #339 on: April 09, 2020, 09:31:02 PM »

It’s COVID-19, not CORVID-19. A corvid is of the crow family.
19 crows are not gathering to kill you.
But if they are...it’s a murder.
Your talents are wasted with this crowd   ::)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #340 on: April 09, 2020, 10:02:17 PM »

Corvid 19 .....let me pull an Adam and Eve ....after they sinned...excuses...did not want to take blame.
Me admit I mis spelled.
No way .
It was this IPAD auto spell checker.  ;D
Corvid ....hey I like this word.
If I ever have a son ( gee I'm 65 yr old ) but if I ever have a son...I'll name him Rodney Corvid surname.
Or Chris Corvid surname or A boater Corvid surname or....
Or drug companies like new names for their meds....buy Corvid only $50 for 10 pills good for whatever ills you. Only 5000 possible side effects...and should Corvid have side effects on you then we have Corvid II  $100 for 10 pills only possible 10 side effects.  :o

Thanks Robert_G for your support.
You are a man of God.  :)  Heard Pres. Trump say people isolating at home have time to pray / read verses. If people think it's tiring to read scripture on web any one can have scripture read on vids.
Gospel of John is a good place. Easter week so why not?
Oh on youtube in another room a vid is playing: Angels Billy Graham. ( vid is just audio but so good )

Ya Rodney I'm going to have to check that out. Crows or whatever. :)
Went to a shopping centre and into a Shoppers Drug & there were so many people inside. Impossible to keep 6 ft apart at all times.
You would think they would allow only x number customers inside and as one exists another is allowed to go in.
Like they do at Freshco and Safeway stores in Richmond. Too crowded in that Shoppers today.  >:(
Stay safe FWR members. Wash hands wash hands wash hands.
I even wash my oranges in soapy water in the am just incase COVID virus is on the peel. ( part of breakfast )
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:12:05 PM by A-BOATER »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #341 on: April 09, 2020, 10:12:32 PM »

Your talents are wasted with this crowd   ::)

lol... Honestly haven't been reading any of it, I have much more important things to do.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #342 on: April 09, 2020, 11:08:26 PM »

The best witnessing involves both. Zeal must include self control, but zeal in witnessing and proclaiming God's word can move mountains.
Proclamation to oneself as a believer...yes.   But to preach with too much zeal can push one over the cliff when the intent is to witness.
Isaiah 7:15
Matthew 27:34

Whatever that means. I'll try and reword it correctly for you. (and I mean that in a nice way)

...and here lies the root of why religion create conflicts.  You take what I say (without asking for clarification) and assume to correct me.

Read the whole book of Matthews out of KJ's and maybe you'll get a blessing to what I'm actually saying.

Anyway as said before this is not the forum for this discussion so with respect, I'll end my debate here.  God Bless and stay safe.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 11:18:19 PM by blaydRnr »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #343 on: April 10, 2020, 03:22:38 AM »

Proclamation to oneself as a believer...yes.   But to preach with too much zeal can push one over the cliff when the intent is to witness.
Isaiah 7:15
Matthew 27:34

...and here lies the root of why religion create conflicts.  You take what I say (without asking for clarification) and assume to correct me.

Read the whole book of Matthews out of KJ's and maybe you'll get a blessing to what I'm actually saying.

Anyway as said before this is not the forum for this discussion so with respect, I'll end my debate here.  God Bless and stay safe.

My observations is the majority of churches have watered down the gospel message.
Churches think it's more important to be the social gospel movement...feed shelter human rights are more important than sharing how to get "saved" and miss hell.

It's watered down so much that christians on the most part are not concerned or alarmed that a supernatural war is going on.

As people die and go into a Godless eternity...weeping and gnashing of teeth...crys and screams forever...the church is having meetings when & what color to paint the church building exterior.

Read the sower and the seed in the gospel.
Birds eat some of the seeds...read on...and Jesus explains who the birds are in the parable.
Yes the powers of darkness.

We are living in a plague. Covid 19.
Cases may skyrocket and possibly not go down.
People are hopeful but also fearful.
Some families there is abuse because of stress...females kids have filled the shelters.
These times have brought out the worst in some families.

People should be aware there is an anchor ! He is Jesus.
He is greater than Covid 19 ...He's greater than death.
It's Good Friday ...yes it's good Jesus died on the cross.
It's the rescue mission.
People need an anchor in the storms of life.
The storm right now is this plague Covid 19 but also we need this anchor on our last day on earth.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #344 on: April 10, 2020, 11:56:18 AM »

Well, before the ferries dragging over vacationers at 95% capacity, the Island was headed in the right direction:

https://www.cheknews.ca/vancouver-island-covid-19-cases-slowing-660729/

Now I actually shudder to think of what the new numbers will look like once all the invaders from the LML drag their diseased butts home...

Nog