Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195842 times)

santefe

Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #285 on: April 03, 2020, 07:01:35 PM »

What has all that diatribe got to do with picture of a fish????

Robert_G

« Reply #286 on: April 03, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »

Atheism is basically an absence of faith.

Atheism is as much a faith and belief system as Christianity. You cannot physically prove there is no God anymore than I can prove there is one.

However as a Christian Pastor once pointed out "Death at it's worst is nothing less than perfect rest" and everyone enjoys a good long night of uninterrupted sleep so why worry.

This is what hurts the most. Watching you and others be deceived by those who want people to just feel good and sleep at night. No Christian pastor who follows Jesus would ever say what that pastor said to you.....ever.

No way! I don't think or feel that. I am talking how I perceive your behaviour through your writing on this  discussion board. I wouldn't wish you harmed or even unhappy. Fact is I perceive you are a very unhappy person.

I will admit I'm not the most happy person....not to say though that I'm never happy...but I'm totally ok with that. I have no problem admitting that as a Christian. In fact, Jesus and the Apostles all taught that true followers of Christ would face having a good part of their lives filled with hatred, ridicule, and mockery from others (including family), persecution, and suffering. That there teaches that true followers of Jesus won't be happy much of the time. What I do experience is a constant true joy that can only be found in being member of God's family. It transcends any feelings of unhappiness that I may have. It's an unexplainable joy that most people will never get to experience. As for you Ralph, when you see and talk with 'confessed Christians' who seem very happy and content with their lives...those who love their lives just the way they are....at best they are 'worldly Christians'...at worst they are not Christians at all. Jesus and the Apostles taught that regularly.

You seem so angry all the time.
At best I'd like to see you lighten up and perhaps be a little more humble.

You wouldn't recognize what it looks like to humble yourself before God anyway (that's not meant to be a jab btw). As for being angry, I'm not really an angry person, but some anger that is in me can be explained in what I have typed out next.

I started fishing the Fraser systems long before I became a devout Christian (early 80s)….and the fishing and opportunities were so good and so plentiful, I mistakenly built part of my identity on it. I skipped church and school even to go fishing. It was such a part of my life, that it even became an idol. The local Fraser salmon/steelhead/trout fishing part of my life in fact became my life. I loved it. I was good at it. I always caught fish. I was quite often the envy of other fishermen around me as when fishing was slower I'd still get my limit. Not trying to sound conceited, but I did well at it and it suited me. I had secret spots that still rarely see a person or 2.
Then all of a sudden fish stocks started to slowly get lower numbers and Natives were fighting to keep their quotas, etc, etc....and us sports fishermen were seeing our opportunities dwindle. It got worse and worse as time went on and here we are today and we are basically at rock bottom for opportunities on the Fraser. Hunting (which I also enjoy) is going down the same road and we are going to lose that too sooner than later.

So what that means is that these types of message boards are a constant reminder of what is lost to me. I could just leave and never check the forum again, but I can't do that. There is part of me that will never let go of what once was...or at least until I know for 100% that the body (opportunities to fish the Fraser) is so dead that it's cold and rotting. Reading Rod and others post about meetings and things like that are the worst for me because deep down I want Rod to succeed in what he and others are doing, but the fact that I was part of those meetings and such long before Rod's time (also when the salmon were much more plentiful), I also know deep down that he and others are pissing in the wind....but even with all that said...still I want him to succeed. Its a nasty emotional battle for me that I'd rather see either regain its former glory or just die once and for all...its like teasing a little kid with candy....always teasing them with the possibility of getting candy....but even the kid knows the guy with the candy will probably never share....so yeah, I have to admit that it doesn't bring out the best in me and I have to learn to control my emotions better on certain topics here, but that doesn't confirm me as an angry person, and more importantly it quite often shows the worst side of me. I have a couple of other hobbies that also have message boards that I frequent, and I'm much more relaxed at those, and open to discussion on them because they aren't being threatened to be removed from my life, or like here where this hobby (huge part of my life actually) has been basically taken away from me.

I hope you can appreciate where I'm coming from.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 07:48:04 PM by Robert_G »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #287 on: April 03, 2020, 08:31:24 PM »

Whatever happened to the promise that he won't post anymore about religion ?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #288 on: April 03, 2020, 08:33:14 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpYgpKKLp-0

10:00 min mark. I'm sure the Lord will accede to his demand.

Guess God didn't take too kindly to be told by some evangelist what to do. Another couple of hundred people died overnight.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #289 on: April 03, 2020, 08:46:20 PM »

Ralph & Robert..think we learned a lot by what you guys shared from your heart.
Know it 's between you guys mainly but I for one am happy you both explained your feeling/views.
Good on you both.
I also said things exactly what happened & no stretching the truth ...or was trying to be over dramatic.
And honestly want to thank Rod because he had allowed me to just be real.
And I thank you members too...because my story told thought maybe yous would want me to be banned. As Robert said we do not think we are better than you.
Guess we know that we know ( God is real & devil. ) and we want you to know that you know.
Heaven has lots of room for all of us.
But we do not want to pressure anyone...we just share from the heart  & we'll let the Holy Spirit work on you guys & dolls  :)

FA are you referring to me ?
Promise not to post on religion anymore.
Well I was reading 5-6 posts afterwords and that's all members talked about... so I guess it was a hot topic...so if others stop I'll stop  too.
The seed has been planted so it will grow into the biggest tree of faith or remain dormant.

Tell you one thing I feel we are all in a twilight zone tv show.
Have you ever thought in a million years an invisible virus would kill 1000 people in one day in the USA and the same in European countries...so on.
Wash your hands wash your hands wash your hands...

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2020, 09:05:55 PM »

And I thank you members too...because my story told thought maybe yous would want me to be banned

because deep down I want Rod to succeed in what he and others are doing

- In the end, with all the differences these quotes above stick out. Real men

arimaBOATER

« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2020, 09:20:26 PM »

Guess God didn't take too kindly to be told by some evangelist what to do. Another couple of hundred people died overnight.
Yes that is that evangelist Kenneth  Kopeland .
He's the guy who brings in millions of dollars ...mega church...tv programs...but in my opinion puts alittle too much in his pocket. Self interest. Too many planes and personal 70 million $$$ jet.
Reminds me of that guy Rashnish or however ya spell his name...he owned so many  Rolls Royce cars (sp?) Eastern religion guru...his followers lines the road as his think it was 75 RR cars drove by....

arimaBOATER

« Reply #292 on: April 03, 2020, 09:24:17 PM »

And I thank you members too...because my story told thought maybe yous would want me to be banned

because deep down I want Rod to succeed in what he and others are doing

- In the end, with all the differences these quotes above stick out. Real men
Kosher salt ...must be Jewish.
There was a man in so dark field who saw a flashlight beam.....he ran as fast as he could to hide.
There was a man in a dark field who saw a flashlight beam....he ran to word the light & said  " Hi there What's Up !  "
Which man are you Kosher salt. 
What real man are you ?

Above is only said if you were putting us down.
But if you meant it positively then Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 09:27:15 PM by A-BOATER »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #293 on: April 03, 2020, 09:28:05 PM »

Somehow I don't think my reason for keeping this thread going is the same as some of yours.

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #294 on: April 03, 2020, 10:14:05 PM »

What real man are you ?

Yea dude I genuinely mean it positively.
I enjoy going to the river, catching a huge f..in spring that’s gonna bust my rod, followed with watching the blood spill :) and slitting the belly eating some eggs raw. I know the term ‘tug is the drug’ I get euphoric during it all. That’s the fisher Man I am.
 And now I think about what Robert said about fishing/fish itself being an idol. I get that perspective and thanks.
There are bigger things in life than fishing. Although nothing wrong with making a career with something you enjoy such as fishing.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #295 on: April 03, 2020, 10:33:28 PM »

man this thread just keeps on getting better and better.

on a side note i would like to quote Professor Kim Woo-joo, "This is science. You have to be humble. The moment we become arrogant, we'll lose"

if you haven't watched this video you should. it might be a little long and not in english but its the best ive seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU&t=767s

arimaBOATER

« Reply #296 on: April 03, 2020, 11:05:48 PM »

What real man are you ?

Yea dude I genuinely mean it positively.
I enjoy going to the river, catching a huge f..in spring that’s gonna bust my rod, followed with watching the blood spill :) and slitting the belly eating some eggs raw. I know the term ‘tug is the drug’ I get euphoric during it all. That’s the fisher Man I am.
 And now I think about what Robert said about fishing/fish itself being an idol. I get that perspective and thanks.
There are bigger things in life than fishing. Although nothing wrong with making a career with something you enjoy such as fishing.
That 's kosher  ! That's great you meant it in a positive way.
I salute you sir ! Stay healthy & wise.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #297 on: April 03, 2020, 11:18:56 PM »

man this thread just keeps on getting better and better.

on a side note i would like to quote Professor Kim Woo-joo, "This is science. You have to be humble. The moment we become arrogant, we'll lose"

if you haven't watched this video you should. it might be a little long and not in english but its the best ive seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU&t=767s
This doctor is so calm & good talker. He makes so many points.
Guess he is in demand and does a lot of interviews thus gets lots of practise.
He says Korea is containing the virus...lots of testing...washing of hands....wearing masks he said does stop the spread.
But interesting he said on Fri-Sat the young adults are going to bars / karaoke drinking & being in close quarters....not social distancing.
And he says if young adults get it they should recover but he said these young infected people can give it older folks who then can get very sick and be fatal.
Thus for the sake of older people the young should try not to get sick.
Vaccine he said takes long time but they are testing various past medications and see if they have any affect against Covid 19.
He says things may improve by August but that's being hopeful.
Well learned we should keep 2 metres apart...wash hands...wear a mask....I noticed they were sitting quite close to each other and both did not wear any mask
We are not wearing masks because there are none.

Guess we have to get those lady pads they stick in their underwear and use them as masks !!!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:22:03 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #298 on: April 03, 2020, 11:38:36 PM »

Yes that is that evangelist Kenneth  Kopeland .
He's the guy who brings in millions of dollars ...mega church...tv programs...but in my opinion puts alittle too much in his pocket. Self interest. Too many planes and personal 70 million $$$ jet.
Reminds me of that guy Rashnish or however ya spell his name...he owned so many  Rolls Royce cars (sp?) Eastern religion guru...his followers lines the road as his think it was 75 RR cars drove by....

Exactly, they are in it for the money and nothing else.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #299 on: April 04, 2020, 12:48:41 AM »

Exactly, they are in it for the money and nothing else.
Yes FA some evangelists are cons & some have mixed motivations ...like they start out sincere & with a mission but power & money corrupts ....
But do not throw the baby out with the wash water...there are sincere evangelists preaching a sincere message. The basics Jesus / devil / sin / cross / heaven / hell.
There's a verse in New Testament  " many will depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits...( demons. )  There is going to be a falling away from the faith...
But yes " the LOVE of $$$ is the root of all evil. "
For $ a girl will sell her body...for $ there are bank robberies...for  $ there is ID theft ...scams ...lying in business...for $ people in car accident....my back my neck... ( but no pain. ) for $ drugs are brought into the country...for $ people are murdered.