Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195849 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2020, 12:27:25 PM »

Because I'd rather get hit by a log while wading in the Vedder than being sent to hell for eternity.

what you dont want to party with this guy? looks kinda fun to me.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #271 on: April 03, 2020, 12:34:36 PM »

and just to lighten the mood in here. here's a steelhead i caught the other day.

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #272 on: April 03, 2020, 12:43:58 PM »

and just to lighten the mood in here. here's a steelhead i caught the other day.

Beautiful fish. Thanks bigblock.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #273 on: April 03, 2020, 01:02:37 PM »

Do I see small horns on that fish...no guess not..maybe on some bullheads.
But not to get too extreme. God is God & He is 1 billion more powerful  & more than any demon.
If your a Christian you have protection from evil like putting on a light in a dark room ...darkness flees.
Nevertheless if you do not have the armour of God (Ephesians ch 6. ) you are blinded to the true facts.
What do you think the devil 's favourite trick is ?
His favour trick is to have people think he does not exist !!!
Say OUCH anyone?
Just incase Robert & yours truly could be right...even just a 1% chance in your mind we could be right don 't ya think ya should pray to Jesus with all your heart & just ask Him to reveal /or show you.

If you ask sincerely ..you will get the answer !
Example in scripture where if you ask for a loaf of bread will God give you a stone ?
No.
God loves you guys.
Like the kid says: no I do not want to take a bath today.
No no no...
Parent forcefully says: you take a bath. It 's bath night for you.
Kid argues but gets into the tub.
Later his mom says : Tommy it's time you get out of the tub.
Kid says: ah mom can I stay longer...I'm playing with my rubber duck & plastic toy boat.

One minute the kid does not want to go in the tub & now he does not want to get out.  ;D

If you guys meet The Lord you too will be like this kid.
No I do not believe ...gospel is BS .... but pray and suddenly you will be like Robert & me...you will be witnessing for The Lord. Robert and I were not born believers but we met The Lord in a real way at some pt. This can happen to you. But in your timing. We can share but not force it.
If the guy with horns & pointed tail jabs you with his fork ...by mistake...if just may get your attention.

Nice colors on the fish ! Me like.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 01:07:47 PM by A-BOATER »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #274 on: April 03, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »

Thankfully God doesn't look for perfect people. He looks for broken people who need a savior...which I am one for sure.

I certainly agree with you there. To me you are full of arrogant hubris & totally convinced the main result of your 'faith' is it has made you an absolutely superior person to anyone who doesn't think like you. Based on what you write I perceive an absolute lack of both christian charity and love of humanity within you.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #275 on: April 03, 2020, 01:20:47 PM »

I certainly agree with you there. To me you are full of arrogant hubris & totally convinced the main result of your 'faith' is it has made you an absolutely superior person to anyone who doesn't think like you. Based on what you write I perceive an absolute lack of both christian charity and love of humanity within you.
RalphH Robert & I are humans. We are saved sinners. Going to heaven by God's mercy forgiveness grace..
But Robert is trying very sincerely sharing his faith to you & others...and if RalphH ever met The Lord Robert would be the first guy to cry tears of joy.
We are pointing to the sinless perfect no flaw Saviour who for you, Robert others died naked on the cross. Spit on hit stabbed nailed crowns of torns in His head...
I know it sounds like some novel or Hollywood sci Fi movie...but this is real. Thru all the BS out there and bad examples it is true.

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #276 on: April 03, 2020, 01:36:44 PM »

Im surprised the admin got in on this on a fishing website LOL

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #277 on: April 03, 2020, 01:45:16 PM »

Covid boredom

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #278 on: April 03, 2020, 01:46:15 PM »

RalphH Robert & I are humans. We are saved sinners. Going to heaven by God's mercy forgiveness grace..
But Robert is trying very sincerely sharing his faith to you & others...and if RalphH ever met The Lord Robert would be the first guy to cry tears of joy.
We are pointing to the sinless perfect no flaw Saviour who for you, Robert others died naked on the cross. Spit on hit stabbed nailed crowns of torns in His head...
I know it sounds like some novel or Hollywood sci Fi movie...but this is real. Thru all the BS out there and bad examples it is true.

All I can say is if that is what being a "Christian" is I don't want any part of it. As I said before many Christians in my and the wife's family. I have had Christians as friend and work mates. There is no comparison to what they say and how they act and much of the stuff written here. Night and day! Being a Christian isn't a divine license to be an 'a-h*ole'.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »

Well world as we know it is turned upside down.
I would of stopped commenting long time ago but other members 3-4 -5 keep commenting...so I respond trying to clear it up. But guess I made it more muddy ...& more unbelievable ...
Now he 's talking about demons !!!
So.....if members stop commenting on faith topics then I will not be tempted to respond.
I for one think we have exhausted the subject or we all stated where we stand on the subject.
But I never get tired of witnessing my faith...do so daily as I pedal bike.
Ironically a JW phoned minutes ago ...trying to spread their views. Guess because of Covid 19 they do not knock on doors.
Keeping my mom 84 yrs old...she politely said. " No thank you & hung up "
Guess if I answered the debate would of raged on....

Robert_G

« Reply #280 on: April 03, 2020, 02:00:50 PM »

I'm going to say this one more time for you so you'll stop falsely accusing me of me thinking I'm a 'superior person' or however you put it...and then I'd like you to respect that.
What you perceive and what is the truth about me are 2 different things....so I'll ask you nicely to turn off your atheist hatred for me.

You accuse me of thinking I'm better than others because I'm a Christian. That is incorrect.

I am BETTER OFF (NOT BETTER) than you and some others here because I have the promise of eternal life in heaven. You don't have that. I do. That makes me BETTER OFF. Pretty simple to understand what that means.
I am NOT however any BETTER than you or anyone else here based on my own merit. I do not think I am better then anyone else nor have I ever thought that way ever. Christ died for me while I was a sinner. I have nothing to boast about and my current (and final) situation with the promise of eternal life has nothing to do with what I have done (good or bad) or who I am.
So please take your unwarranted hatred elsewhere.

Robert_G

« Reply #281 on: April 03, 2020, 02:04:41 PM »

Well said, but the difference between Ralph and I is that I would love to see him saved, but he would like to see me fall off a cliff....but according to him, he knows what real love is and I don't. Typical logic from an atheist.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #282 on: April 03, 2020, 02:15:25 PM »

There is no stopping it,  better to have it in one thread then have people create 100's everyday

plus hes providing a social solution to all us shut ins.  very nice of him

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #283 on: April 03, 2020, 02:15:42 PM »

Covid boredom

something to kill the time at work. tried downloading my favourite video game but my work computer is to crappy to play it.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #284 on: April 03, 2020, 05:39:20 PM »

Well said, but the difference between Ralph and I is that I would love to see him saved, but he would like to see me fall off a cliff....but according to him, he knows what real love is and I don't. Typical logic from an atheist.

No way! I don't think or feel that. I am talking how I perceive your behaviour through your writing on this  discussion board. I wouldn't wish you harmed or even unhappy. Fact is I perceive you are a very unhappy person. You seem so angry all the time.

At best I'd like to see you lighten up and perhaps be a little more humble. At worst, just that you go away and I never have to read a thing you have written again.

As for my allegedly being an atheist. Atheism is basically an absence of faith. There are many sorts of atheists from the mass murderers like Stalin to the hateful propaganda atheists like Richard Dawkins or the late Christopher Hitchens. These 2 are better described as anti-theists - opposed to any form of spiritual faith. In the middle are people like me. They don't feel any sort of faith in a God or Gods. I also would not say it is impossible for me to stop being such an atheist. For a long time I considered myself an agnostic and before that a passive or non-practicing Christian.

I don't want to  die. I do worry about it sometimes. However as a Christian Pastor once pointed out "Death at it's worst is nothing less than perfect rest" and everyone enjoys a good long night of uninterrupted sleep so why worry.