Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195863 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #255 on: April 03, 2020, 11:37:36 AM »

As for you, I can't imagine what it would be like to have no idea what happens the second you pass from this world. You may have ideas or beliefs or what your parents taught you....but the truth is you don't know. The only real security out there in this life is Jesus. I say to anyone that knocks on His door....you will not be disappointed....not in this life or the next.

Um.. No thanks...

Robert_G

« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2020, 11:41:46 AM »

Um.. No thanks...
Matthew 7:23
And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Matthew 25:41
41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

The most devastating words a person will ever hear in their life.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:43:21 AM by Robert_G »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2020, 11:46:53 AM »

ok? Why are you C&Ping verses as if you're gonna prove me wrong?

Life must be pretty grand when you're looking down from the top of that pedestal, maybe I should try it since I'm so miserable lol...

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #258 on: April 03, 2020, 11:50:34 AM »

barenakedislam. theirs a source i trust. lol

and you referring to us as sheep, maybe you should take a look in the mirror with all of these bible lines you memorised.  The pot calling the kettle black.

and ya trump did want easter open to churches could gather

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/03/25/us/politics/ap-us-virus-outbreak-trump-easter.html

Robert_G

« Reply #259 on: April 03, 2020, 11:56:06 AM »

ok? Why are you C&Ping verses as if you're gonna prove me wrong?

Life must be pretty grand when you're looking down from the top of that pedestal, maybe I should try it since I'm so miserable lol...

I can't prove you wrong, but warning you is the right thing to do. If I was wading in the Vedder and you saw a big tree floating down that would take me out, I would hope you would warn me. That's what neighbors do. This has nothing to do with looking down from a pedestal. This is about saving your life.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:00:29 PM by Robert_G »

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2020, 11:57:03 AM »

also notice when ever a conservative gets pressured they automatically assume your a trudeau or hillary humper. trudeau is a neo liberal wrapped in progressive clothes. i think hes average at best but for now hes our best option. i thought jagmeet singh had a few good ideas to bring to the table. 

Robert_G

« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2020, 11:58:54 AM »

and ya trump did want easter open to churches could gather

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/03/25/us/politics/ap-us-virus-outbreak-trump-easter.html

The NY times? Fake news if there ever was...about as honest as CNN.

Anyways....Trump did say he wanted churches open by Easter. What's wrong with that? I think any Christian would want churches open by Easter....there is nothing wrong with desiring that. He never once said he would break protocol and allow them to open. There is a difference.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2020, 11:59:51 AM »

I can't prove you wrong, but warning you is the right thing to do. If I was wading in the Vedder and you saw a big tree floating down that would take me out, I would hope you would warn me. That's what neighbors do. This has nothing to do with looking down from a pedestal. This about saving your life.

with out a doubt i would warn you. surprised you would even ask that. whether you beileve in jesus or the tooth fairy it doesnt matter, but not sure how that applies to anything that has been said.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2020, 12:01:15 PM »

trump is NOT condoning those gatherings....but I think there is some State laws that may not allow him to intervene....although I don't know those laws well enough to say one way or the other.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:17:51 PM by bigblockfox »

Robert_G

« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2020, 12:01:28 PM »

with out a doubt i would warn you. surprised you would even ask that. whether you beileve in jesus or the tooth fairy it doesnt matter, but not sure how that applies to anything that has been said.

Because I'd rather get hit by a log while wading in the Vedder than being sent to hell for eternity.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2020, 12:05:10 PM »

Because I'd rather get hit by a log while wading in the Vedder than being sent to hell for eternity.

LOL!!

I think it's pretty conclusive what you and A-boater are suffering from now, sadly.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #266 on: April 03, 2020, 12:05:34 PM »

so you dont want to warn you? im confused

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2020, 12:09:44 PM »

so you dont want to warn you? im confused

He's saying if he believes, then you should warn him. If he doesn't believe, then you shouldn't warn him otherwise he'd be sent to hell. You should only save those who want to be saved, but they need to save themselves first. So prior to being hit by the log, ask first before you save someone.

;)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #268 on: April 03, 2020, 12:14:17 PM »

you may well experience both!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #269 on: April 03, 2020, 12:25:55 PM »

you may well experience both!

That is not going to happen. I'm saved because of who Jesus is, what He did on the cross, and because God raised Him from the dead...and because I believe and trust that to be true; and I have committed my life to Him. Its that simple. Works and deeds do NOT save anyone. That is a core teaching in Christianity that no true denomination will argue. Thankfully God doesn't look for perfect people. He looks for broken people who need a savior...which I am one for sure. If that isn't good news, then I don't know what is.