Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195848 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2020, 08:53:36 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ozs9pQqlg

amazing some people still believe in this guy. trump makes george w bush look like einstein. at least george was a decent person, had morals and wasn't a con man
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:45:53 AM by bigblockfox »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2020, 01:26:43 PM »

What Mr Pres. Trump was before ...he is not today!
He's a changed man.
Hey we are all projects...no one has arrived at the top.
Let's all strive to be a better person tomorrow.
Like the Elvis song goes I love you today but I love you less today than I will tomorrow...or however that song goes.
People do not like Trump because he is surrounding himself with those. " religious fanatics"  ::)
They challenge people foundations..No I'm from a monkey. I did not come from the garden of Eden.
That 's my take.
If you do not like Mr Pres Trump "Your fired"

Remember the first stories about Covid 19 ?
The care home outbreak in Kirkland Wa.
2/3 of the people got infected.
A senior got infected in that facility named Geneva Wood.
90 yrs old. She was in there because she was recovering from a stroke. She was planning to go home or wherever she lived ( with family maybe ) but then Bingo !!! Corvid 19.
But she beat it !!!
 90 yrs old.
She claims her prayers & faith was the only reason she recovered. Claims at night she felt God's Presence  "big time " in her room.
Anyways regardless of the story & how she recovered it just shows a 90'yr old getting Covid 19 can best it !!! Unreal.
PM Trudeau says we are going out shopping too much...well limit of 1 milk 1 egg package ...guess we have to return .
Or we can give 1 inch level of milk in a glass daily.
Fry 1 egg & cut it up in 4.
Pres. of Philippines says if people will not social distance then the police will start shooting !!!
Those bangs are not fire crackers " Run for your lives"
Read stories on how dogs can have Covid 19 but do not get sick.
They can pass it to humans.
So if out walking your dog think a good idea let them keep social distancing from other dogs.
Infected dog can give it to your dog.

Now we hear people that are feeling healthy and showing no symptoms can be infected and passing Covid 19 to others.
Yep we are all zebras crossing the croc infested river when we go for groceries.
Wash your hands wash your hands wash your hands.
Do not touch face area. Even if a big mosquito is on your nose.
We may not have bullets shot at us like the threat by Philippine Pres  but check the news of many younger people dying.
45  & 61 yrs old on & on...
Stay safe folks.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2020, 01:50:44 PM »

In fact from here on in I'll never ever talk politics or religion again. Promise.

He's a changed man.
Hey we are all projects...no one has arrived at the top.
Let's all strive to be a better person tomorrow.
Like the Elvis song goes I love you today but I love you less today than I will tomorrow...or however that song goes.
People do not like Trump because he is surrounding himself with those. " religious fanatics"  ::)
They challenge people foundations..No I'm from a monkey. I did not come from the garden of Eden.
That 's my take.
If you do not like Mr Pres Trump "Your fired"

Remember the first stories about Covid 19 ?
The care home outbreak in Kirkland Wa.
2/3 of the people got infected.
A senior got infected in that facility named Geneva Wood.
90 yrs old. She was in there because she was recovering from a stroke. She was planning to go home or wherever she lived ( with family maybe ) but then Bingo !!! Corvid 19.
But she beat it !!!
 90 yrs old.
She claims her prayers & faith was the only reason she recovered. Claims at night she felt God's Presence  "big time " in her room.
Anyways regardless of the story & how she recovered it just shows a 90'yr old getting Covid 19 can best it !!! Unreal.
PM Trudeau says we are going out shopping too much...well limit of 1 milk 1 egg package ...guess we have to return .
Or we can give 1 inch level of milk in a glass daily.
Fry 1 egg & cut it up in 4.
Pres. of Philippines says if people will not social distance then the police will start shooting !!!
Those bangs are not fire crackers " Run for your lives"
Read stories on how dogs can have Covid 19 but do not get sick.
They can pass it to humans.
So if out walking your dog think a good idea let them keep social distancing from other dogs.
Infected dog can give it to your dog.

Now we hear people that are feeling healthy and showing no symptoms can be infected and passing Covid 19 to others.
Yep we are all zebras crossing the croc infested river when we go for groceries.
Wash your hands wash your hands wash your hands.
Do not touch face area. Even if a big mosquito is on your nose.
We may not have bullets shot at us like the threat by Philippine Pres  but check the news of many younger people dying.
45  & 61 yrs old on & on...
Stay safe folks.

Seek help.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2020, 01:56:19 PM »

So much for being able to post your own opinions or ideas. You need help. Leave the man alone.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2020, 02:04:18 PM »

lol did the thread about fred's truck in the impound lot get deleted

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2020, 02:05:55 PM »

He's a changed man.

Since when does a leopard change their spots ?

No Pastor, Rabi, Mullah, Evangelists or Preachers ever saved patients. Doctors and healthcare workers did.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2020, 02:15:24 PM »

lol did the thread about fred's truck in the impound lot get deleted

Looks like it, lol!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2020, 02:15:59 PM »

So much for being able to post your own opinions or ideas. You need help. Leave the man alone.
Thank you.
Was just giving what I observe. But hey we all can live & let live but we can agree to disagree. But if we see things dif. does that mean we need to seek help?
A Pres who is new and improved like Tide soap just keeps being better soap on commercial.
But thought a 90 yr old recovering from Covid 19 ...
Who would of ever thought.

As far as I will not mention anything about religion / politics ever again.
That's true.
There are so many recent neg. posts on Trump so just gave my take why I think people do not like him.
Mentioning this 90 yr old my main pt to just sharing how a 90 yr old can recover from Covid 19 ...it 's not a death sentence.
In reading her story was just claiming what she said. She did not say any pastor healed her. She says she prayed & felt God's Presence in her room.
Guess we can not tell her other wise.
But yes medical staff did their thing & thanks to them too.
( not trying to push my personal views in my recent posts. Just observations )

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2020, 02:33:38 PM »

No Pastor, Rabi, Mullah, Evangelists or Preachers ever saved patients. Doctors and healthcare workers did.

I don't think Trump has had many Rabbis or Imam's in the Oval office for a consult. That wouldn't appeal to his base.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2020, 02:35:02 PM »

does freedom of speech extend to verbal diarrhea? (or written as the case may be)
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2020, 02:36:28 PM »

say what ever you want but expect to be challenge if your "opinion" does not match the facts. facts dont care about outside parameters like religion or feelings.

"Difference Between Fact and Opinion" (post) is a useful handout (or lesson skeleton) to differentiate between "fact" and "opinion," to start a discussion about texts and/or assignments, and to explain to your students why simply asserting something does not make it so.

1. Basics

a. "Facts and opinions ... have a huge difference in their meanings."

"Whether a statement is a fact or an opinion depends on the validity of the statement."
"[A] fact refers to the something true or real, which is backed by evidence, documentation, etc."
"[An] opinion is what a person believes or thinks about something."
b. "In finer terms, a fact is a proven truth, whereas opinion is a personal view that represents the outlook of an individual, which may or may not be based on the fact."

2. Content: Fact Vs Opinion

Comparison Chart: Fact = something that can be verified or proved to be true. Opinion = a judgement or belief about something. Fact based on observation or research. Opinion based on assumption or personal view. Fact = objective reality. Opinion = subjective statement. Fact can be verified; opinion cannot. Fact represents something that really happened. Opinion represents a perception about something. Fact is universal. Opinion differs from person to person. Facts shown with unbiased words. Opinions expressed with biased words. Fact is not debatable. Opinion is debatable. Fact has power to influence others; opinion does not.
3. Definition of Fact

a. "[A] fact is something, that has actually taken place or known to have existed, which can be validated with pieces of evidence."

"[Facts] are strictly defined and can be measured, observed, and proven."
"[A fact] refers to something that makes statements true and [is] used in connection with research and study."
b. "A fact can be an event or information, based on real occurrences which can be tested through verifiability, i.e. they are supported by proofs, statistics, documentation, etc."

4 Definition of Opinion

a. "‘
  • pinion’ is defined as the personal view or judgment about a subject, that may or may not be substantiated by the facts or positive knowledge."

"In other words, an opinion is an inconclusive statement, used in subjective matters, which cannot be proved true or false."
"It is what a person thinks or feels about something or someone."
b. "Opinion is highly influenced by a person’s feelings, thoughts, perspective, desires, attitude, experiences, understanding, beliefs, values, etc., which cannot be tested by concrete evidence."

"Therefore, due to individual differences, every person’s opinion on a particular matter [may] also [be] different."

arimaBOATER

« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2020, 02:44:34 PM »

Leopard changing their spots...paint maybe ?
But heard some Lion & Canuck fans all their life ...moved east & now cheer on the Argos & Leafs!!!  ;D
Now if that can happen anything is possible.
Guess we should not be so closed minded...but leave open the possibility people can change " their spots" .
Chris go check FA blood pressure..he must be fuming Lion /Canuck fans can become Argo/Leaf fans.

Bigblockfox I agree what you say about opinion vs facts.
Because we think about ideas it just does not make them so...
Many scientists / NASA have a faith.
Just an observation.

Going out now...zebra going into croc filled river.
Shoppers drugs has discount for us seniors on Thurs.
Get that 1 doz egg so I do not have to cut my fried egg into 4 pieces.
I want at least 2 eggs daily.
Mind you 2 wks ago a Shoppers Drugs said only 1 milk limit.
1 week ago at a dif. Shoppers Drugs it was 4 milk limit. " try to figure that one out!!!"
As strange as wear a mask or not wear a mask the powers that be are wishy washy about.
Think the mask making co. would say : everyone wear masks .... $$$$$$
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:50:35 PM by A-BOATER »

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2020, 03:01:25 PM »

does freedom of speech extend to verbal diarrhea? (or written as the case may be)
More akin to stream of consciousness. Perhaps A-Boater is the James Joyce of the 21st century

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2020, 03:23:33 PM »

say what ever you want but expect to be challenge if your "opinion" does not match the facts. facts dont care about outside parameters like religion or feelings.

"Difference Between Fact and Opinion" (post) is a useful handout (or lesson skeleton) to differentiate between "fact" and "opinion," to start a discussion about texts and/or assignments, and to explain to your students why simply asserting something does not make it so.

1. Basics

a. "Facts and opinions ... have a huge difference in their meanings."

"Whether a statement is a fact or an opinion depends on the validity of the statement."
"[A] fact refers to the something true or real, which is backed by evidence, documentation, etc."
"[An] opinion is what a person believes or thinks about something."
b. "In finer terms, a fact is a proven truth, whereas opinion is a personal view that represents the outlook of an individual, which may or may not be based on the fact."

2. Content: Fact Vs Opinion

Comparison Chart: Fact = something that can be verified or proved to be true. Opinion = a judgement or belief about something. Fact based on observation or research. Opinion based on assumption or personal view. Fact = objective reality. Opinion = subjective statement. Fact can be verified; opinion cannot. Fact represents something that really happened. Opinion represents a perception about something. Fact is universal. Opinion differs from person to person. Facts shown with unbiased words. Opinions expressed with biased words. Fact is not debatable. Opinion is debatable. Fact has power to influence others; opinion does not.
3. Definition of Fact

a. "[A] fact is something, that has actually taken place or known to have existed, which can be validated with pieces of evidence."

"[Facts] are strictly defined and can be measured, observed, and proven."
"[A fact] refers to something that makes statements true and [is] used in connection with research and study."
b. "A fact can be an event or information, based on real occurrences which can be tested through verifiability, i.e. they are supported by proofs, statistics, documentation, etc."

4 Definition of Opinion

a. "‘
  • pinion’ is defined as the personal view or judgment about a subject, that may or may not be substantiated by the facts or positive knowledge."

"In other words, an opinion is an inconclusive statement, used in subjective matters, which cannot be proved true or false."
"It is what a person thinks or feels about something or someone."
b. "Opinion is highly influenced by a person’s feelings, thoughts, perspective, desires, attitude, experiences, understanding, beliefs, values, etc., which cannot be tested by concrete evidence."

"Therefore, due to individual differences, every person’s opinion on a particular matter [may] also [be] different."

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 03:28:05 PM by iblly »

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2020, 03:29:47 PM »

Wow that’s impressive. Does any of it mean someone should be told to “seek help” or be told they have “verbal diarrhea” ?