Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFR- car issue  (Read 5620 times)

Suther

Re: NFR- car issue
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 07:44:44 PM »

Its one of two things: The battery, or the wiring from the alternator to battery is bad.

Before you take it to get looked at just make sure you take a wire brush to all the terminals and stuff - disassemble the connector and clean the ends of the wires too if you can. Paid for a tow one time to have my mechanic clean everything up and it was good to go. Still not living that one down...

I remember one time replacing the battery and alternator in a buddies car, only to realize later that day when it died on us at 7-11, got jumped, then died again once we got back, that the wiring was exposed and grounding out. A few pieces of tape later, it was all fixed....
Although chances of that actually being the problem are like a million to one... So its probably your battery. lol

tburns

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 12:43:53 AM »

I had the same problem happen with my car.  Thought that jumping it and driving it around would charge the battery and then I would be OK.  Not so.

Turned out to be an exceptionally easy fix.  I cleaned the battery terminals with a toothbrush, baking soda and water mixture.  Once they're clean apply vaseline to the battery terminals.

This was 3 years ago and she's still going fine.  I hope this is your problem or you may have to replace your battery.

yakideath12

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 02:10:47 AM »

BATTERY !! 99.9%

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 04:45:35 PM »

Changed battery and all is good now!!! Thanks for the diagnostic and most of you guys were correct.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 07:15:24 PM »

changed my battery too today. turns out its the starter in my truck  :'(

battery says good but its over 5yrs old so I may just keep the new one
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

jacklam999

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 12:55:54 AM »

I had the same problem before. Its either your battery is old or damage (change a new one). If problem still happen, there should be some electric leaking in some of ur electronic device (eg. radio) that drain your battery out.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 06:20:25 PM »

turns out the new battery they gave me had 1 dead cell out of the 6. All good now with a new one  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/