Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: buntzen or jones  (Read 5111 times)

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
buntzen or jones
« on: March 27, 2010, 03:52:10 PM »

Hey, just wondering if anyone has been to buntzen or jones lately if so how did it go? Thx.
fishing is life, the rest is just details.

D.Sams

Re: buntzen or jones
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 07:07:42 PM »

The last time I was out to Buntzen was Tuesday March 9th and only then for a couple of hours.  Was only able to pull a small one (10") from the SW shoreline on a black leech pattern.

Good luck!

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »

Thanks I might give it a go next weekend hopefully they will stock it by then. Gotta say I'm dissapointed in the stocking program so far this year. Hope its not a set up to try to justify fee hikes.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »

It never ceases to amaze me how some people get upset because a lake is not stocked. What ever happened to the good ole days when you went to a lake not knowing if you were going to get anything, the joy of the hunt, figuring out what they were going to hit today, the skill involved in trying to get that fish to bite. Now dont get me wrong stocking a lake is a great idea especially in town, teaching the kids to fish is a great thing, but if you head out and get nothig so what, you were out on a lake or stream away from the hustle and bustle of life, thats all that should matter, not stewing or whining because a lake hasn't been stocked yet, theres a lot of places in the world that arent has blessed as we are here in BC.
Just my 2 bits worth.
Take the T out of Morton.

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 10:32:56 PM »

Just for the record bassonator I'm not WHINING. I just don't trust that they might be holding back on stocking and claiming short staffing is the reason so they can raise fees again.Lets face it this province has been raising the costs of all things without providing more services. In fact they keep cutting them.Oh and if they did not stock our local lakes they would soon be empty your "good ole days" are just that old days.Having said that I also feel they have so far been doing a great job.We'll see what the future brings.
     CHEERS
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 10:39:04 PM by trout80 »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 11:01:10 PM »

Just for the record bassonator I'm not WHINING. I just don't trust that they might be holding back on stocking and claiming short staffing is the reason so they can raise fees again.Lets face it this province has been raising the costs of all things without providing more services. In fact they keep cutting them.Oh and if they did not stock our local lakes they would soon be empty your "good ole days" are just that old days.Having said that I also feel they have so far been doing a great job.We'll see what the future brings.
     CHEERS

So for under $40 for a years license you expect the world? C'mon be real. Even if they raised it $10-$20 your still getting your monies worth. The LM lakes are not the only ones stocked you know. They have already stocked many of the Island lakes and as Rodney has already pointed out they start the stocking for the local lakes next week. If your really interested and want to educate yourself before complaining than why didnt you call the hatchery before making a comment like that? It never ceases to amaze me what people expect for peanuts.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »

What fee hike?

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 11:30:43 PM »

It never ceases to amaze me how people jump to their own conclusions. AS I said I'm not complaining just hoping.If you read what I said you'll see  I think they have been doin a great job. Oh and who said I expected anything.

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 11:34:17 PM »

I know the hatchery has already said they are understaffed and that is probably true. I respect that they are doing the best they can.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 08:26:08 AM »

It never ceases to amaze me how people jump to their own conclusions. AS I said I'm not complaining just hoping.If you read what I said you'll see  I think they have been doin a great job. Oh and who said I expected anything.

You jumped to conclusions when you said you were worried about a fee hike. 

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

jimmywits

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 09:43:14 AM »

Anyone been to Jones Lake?

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 09:45:16 AM »

Why shouldn't we have a sense of entitlement? After all we are paying for the fish aren't we?

If the government wants to increase angler participation why are they a month behind in their stockings? To me it looks like someone at the hatchery has dropped the ball. If it's simply a case of being short staffed why not solicit for volunteers like other hatcheries do?

As I understand it the costs of raising fish are quite high, now with one of the mildest winters on record why wouldn't they want to get the fish into the lakes as early as possible to save on rearing costs.

Btw, not everyone is happy to just float around on the lake all day looking at birds, some people go fishing to catch fish! Especially those with young children who are new to the sport.

nineweight

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »

I just wanted to remind you guys that the stocking program is delivered by the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC (a non for profit society) not the province as eluded to multiple times in this thread.

A number of variables come into play when stocking a lake.  This is why a stocking plan is not released to the public until the lake has already been stocked.  The plan often has to change last minute.  You only have to go back to 2007 in the stocking records to see a year when the Lower Mainland urban lake stocking did not start until the last week of March.  The fish are on their way, and lots of them.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:39:44 AM by nineweight »

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 10:41:16 AM »

This is why a stocking plan is not released to the public until the lake has already been stocked.

Really?

http://www.gofishbc.com/r2plans.htm

nineweight

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 10:47:48 AM »

This is why a stocking plan is not released to the public until the lake has already been stocked.

Really?

http://www.gofishbc.com/r2plans.htm

Lucky,

Sorry I wasnt clear.  I am referring to a detailed plan as to when the lakes will be stocked, as per the topic being discussed.  There are no dates on that list.  
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:07:12 AM by nineweight »