Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL Smack Talk 09-10  (Read 183400 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: NHL Smack Talk 09-10
« Reply #540 on: January 30, 2010, 07:05:44 PM »

What a devious game plan by the Canucks. Surrendering 3 easy goals in the first period to lure the Toronto fans into believing a victory is theirs and then drive the dagger into their collective hearts by scoring 5 straight goals. Just to rub a little salt into the wound, Andrew Raycroft ex-Leaf shut them out the rest of the way. Not a bad performance by a couple of Swedes who are soft in the corners. ;D Start polishing the golf clubs because the only playoffs the Leaf fans are going to see is on television. ;D

Fisherama

« Reply #541 on: January 30, 2010, 07:08:31 PM »

TOTAL DOMINATION!!!

tortuga

« Reply #542 on: January 31, 2010, 08:23:50 AM »

Canucks 6 straight victories over the laughs. ;D ;D What a team you HAD.  :D Even Burke is giving up.
The last nail is in the coffin. Leaf nation is done and anyone who says otherwise should be evaluated.
This is a sweet day in Canada's paradise. The west coast.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #543 on: January 31, 2010, 08:32:55 AM »

One day we will be getting the last laugh. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #544 on: January 31, 2010, 09:04:10 AM »

Two teams in dire need of a shakeup have done just that, as the Calgary Flames have shipped defenceman Dion Phaneuf, forward Fredrik Sjostrom, and defenceman Keith Aulie to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forwards Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers and defenceman Ian White.

The Maple Leafs and Flames have been working on the components of this blockbuster for a week to ten days, but sources say the details of the deal didn't fall into place until late last night.

The Flames were mired in its worst slump (0-6-3) since an 11-game losing streak in 1986 before getting on the winning side of the tracks on Saturday night with a 6-1 victory over the Edmonton Oilers in the Battle of Alberta.

The Maple Leafs are coming off a dramatic loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday evening, giving up a three-goal first period lead before falling 5-3. With the loss, coupled with Carolina's 4-2 victory over Chicago, Toronto now sits 29th in the NHL standings.

The Hurricanes and Leafs are tied in points with 45 but Carolina is ahead because of more wins.

Fisherama

« Reply #545 on: January 31, 2010, 09:40:55 AM »

So... the leafs give up half their top 6 consisting of AHL players for an overrated defenceman with a huge cap hit?? How are they going to fill out their lines? lower calibre AHL players!!?? Burke seems desperate.  ;D :D
And now the rumour is blake and toskala for guigere and a 1st!? Burkie... you can't fix this team in one day.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:43:17 AM by Fisherama »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #546 on: January 31, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »

Phaneuf never lived up to the expectations set on him. Plus he is a bad team player. Their is a reason he is not on Team Canada. Good luck with him LOL

Leafs just traded for the most over paid goaltender in the league JS Giguire, giving up Toskala and Blake. This might be even funnier. They take on a huge salary to a goaltender who lost his starting job and has struggled the last two years. Good luck with those two players, their high salaries as well as Burkes stupid decisions HAHAHA!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #547 on: January 31, 2010, 10:56:13 AM »

Leafs suck,
Flames suck,
Vancouver is decent,
OTTAWA IS AWESOME  ;D 9 in a row baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #548 on: January 31, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »

One day we will be getting the last laugh. ;D ;D ;D

Until that day happens, bend over for more abuse  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #549 on: January 31, 2010, 11:15:31 AM »

Two teams in dire need of a shakeup have done just that, as the Calgary Flames have shipped defenceman Dion Phaneuf, forward Fredrik Sjostrom, and defenceman Keith Aulie to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forwards Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers and defenceman Ian White.

The Maple Leafs and Flames have been working on the components of this blockbuster for a week to ten days, but sources say the details of the deal didn't fall into place until late last night.

The Flames were mired in its worst slump (0-6-3) since an 11-game losing streak in 1986 before getting on the winning side of the tracks on Saturday night with a 6-1 victory over the Edmonton Oilers in the Battle of Alberta.

The Maple Leafs are coming off a dramatic loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday evening, giving up a three-goal first period lead before falling 5-3. With the loss, coupled with Carolina's 4-2 victory over Chicago, Toronto now sits 29th in the NHL standings.

The Hurricanes and Leafs are tied in points with 45 but Carolina is ahead because of more wins.

Now that's what I call reshuffling the decks, from one bad team to another.

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #550 on: January 31, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »

Leafs suck,
Flames suck,
Vancouver is decent,
OTTAWA IS AWESOME  ;D 9 in a row baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say the Nucks are more than decent Dan, Thursday she is a battle royale! Should be a great game.
always a student

nosey

« Reply #551 on: January 31, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »

Blockbuster trade like that will probably save Burke and Wilson's jobs till around Christmas next year by then even the most rabid Leafs fan will realise that OMG we still suck, time to fire everyone and rebuild again, after all we'll be drafting in the top 5 for all of the forseeable future this should move us up to within 10 points of a basement playoff spot anyhow.  In Vancouver Burke took over the foundations of a good team and never took it to that next level, in Toronto he took over the foundations of a team that sucked and has made it suck harder, GL Chris at least you'll have lots of time for trout fishing when the playoffs role around for the next few years.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #552 on: February 01, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »

Hey Chris how did that feel? LMAO!!!!!! The Laughs are the LAUGHING stock of the NHL. With the Canes winning tonight the Leafs are officially last in the East where they belong. Canes have two games in hand as well.

OH Rhino I have not forgotten about you all I have to say to you is HAHAHA Your Flames are on a 9 game losing streak, your Laughs are on a 5 game losing streak and are now in last place LOL You sure know how to pick them

I m glad you haven't forgot about me. You are so kind. I have not forgotten the fact that the flames  are 3-1 this year against the casucks either. The trade was great for me. Made both my teams better now. I hope the flames face vancouver in the playoffs and send you guys golfing again earlier then anticipated like we have in the past.

1983 Calgary sweeps the casucks in 4
1984-vancouver loses to flames again
1988-vancouver loses again to Calgary again-Flames win the CUP!!!!
1993-cansuck win in game 7 only because of the best player that ever played for them(the Russian rocket)that they traded away later LMAO!!(what a sick goal tho)!!! watch it!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPLHyfttQM
2003-casucks LOSE AGAIN to FLAMES-Flames go to finals and lose in controversial fashion to tampa

I don't blame your for hating the flames, after getting tooled by the them so many times in the playoffs I would not like them either. i don't blame you for getting over excited about your casucks right now cause you know they wont get much further then the first round. :P :P ;D ;D

Next game March 14th.Watch it! ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #553 on: February 01, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »

I now have two teams to cheer for too. Leafs number #1 of course and Flames #2 with 4 of the ex leafs there. ;D ;D ;D

This should garner a few comments from a few of you. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #554 on: February 01, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »

I now have two teams to cheer for too. Leafs number #1 of course and Flames #2 with 4 of the ex leafs there. ;D ;D ;D

This should garner a few comments from a few of you. ;D ;D ;D

The Canucks should also be among your favourite teams Chris. Andrew Raycroft and Kyle Wellwood are ex Laughs. Remember Raycroft ? He beat you on Saturday night. ;D