Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL Smack Talk 09-10  (Read 183505 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: NHL Smack Talk 09-10
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2009, 12:18:09 AM »

42. The answer to everything is 42. If the Leafs get 42 more wins, they'd likely make the playoffs.

tortuga

« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2009, 07:14:54 AM »

We will be in. ;D ;D ;D

In the record books for the worst start to a season. You are correct. :D

This is a Canucks fans dream come true. Winning with an injury riddled team and listening to Laugh fans pretending they have a great team.
And Toronto is the center of the universe. Not!!  Keep it coming there boys, we can't get enough ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2009, 06:19:50 PM »

In the record books for the worst start to a season. You are correct. :D

This is a Canucks fans dream come true. Winning with an injury riddled team and listening to Laugh fans pretending they have a great team.
And Toronto is the center of the universe. Not!!  Keep it coming there boys, we can't get enough ;D ;D
What a team we have and Kessel will lead us to the promised land, hopefully I am not there first. ;D ;D ;D

noxcape

« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2009, 10:13:31 PM »

to late i think this chimp already plays in new york  he wears the jersey that says brashear on the back

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2009, 12:24:12 AM »

Dear Mr Burke and Coach Wilson, I am very sorry to hear you only have one wins so far this season and you may need some help. Since you already traded away your first round pick in next years draft perhaps you are willing to trade your second round pick that would be sure to bring you over the one wins threshold. He would look stunning in the white and blue uniform.

Zippy the Chimp

Cheers
Nuggy                   

Dear Mr. Nuggy:

I regret to advise that I have traded our second round pick to Boston. Thank you for your interest in joining the white and blue but we currently have enough Neanderthals on the roster.

Sincerely Yours,

Mr. Burke and Coach Wilson  ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 12:33:21 AM by Fish Assassin »

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2009, 07:13:25 AM »

Dear Mr. Nuggy:

I regret to advise that I have traded our second round pick to Boston. Thank you for your interest in joining the white and blue but we currently have enough Neanderthals on the roster.

Sincerely Yours,

Mr. Burke and Coach Wilson  ;D

Very nice! ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »

Another nice win for Canada's Team tonight. Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' right along.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2009, 09:53:08 PM »

Good road game for Vancouver.  It was definitely the best game for the fourth line this season!  Sure hope the flu doesn't affect their roster anymore than it already has what with bernier out.  After all, we don't have the same clout with our health department (unless you play for the Abbottsford Flames/Heat) that Calgary and their family has with theirs....what a joke that was!

A lot of teams will be calling foul play if they all come down with the flu bug while Calgary does not.  It's amazing what a few pairs of  season tickets can buy you these days.  ;)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: Things just got worse for Canuck fans
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2009, 07:32:37 AM »

My hope is that Raycroft and/or Schneider will step up so that after a couple of games we'll be saying "Roberto who?"   Or only in my  dreams?  :)

Just thought I'd bring my post back up from page 8......is it time to say "Roberto who?" yet?    ;)

SMo007

« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2009, 11:45:07 AM »

I have to say I have been very surprised by how well the Canucks have been doing as of late, BUT how about those red hot LA KINGS. 6 wins and 2 SO loses in their last 8, 2 points out of a tie for most points in the NHL, handed the high flying Pens their first road loss of the season last night. That is all.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2009, 01:16:25 PM »

I have to say I have been very surprised by how well the Canucks have been doing as of late, BUT how about those red hot LA KINGS. 6 wins and 2 SO loses in their last 8, 2 points out of a tie for most points in the NHL, handed the high flying Pens their first road loss of the season last night. That is all.

Do you think the Kings would consider a straight across trade ....Kopitar for Hordichuk?   Then we might be able to start playing our D back on defence.

SMo007

« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »

Do you think the Kings would consider a straight across trade ....Kopitar for Hordichuk?   Then we might be able to start playing our D back on defence.

I don't see why not. We might have to throw in a little something to sweeten the pot.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2009, 06:29:26 PM »

We win again, what a team we have. ;D ;D ;D

Jace

« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2009, 06:57:55 PM »

Who's Luongo eh?
Schneider is doing awsome

chris gadsden

• Old Timer