Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL Smack Talk 09-10  (Read 183407 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: Things just got worse for Canuck fans
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2009, 03:56:28 PM »

My hope is that Raycroft and/or Schneider will step up so that after a couple of games we'll be saying "Roberto who?"   Or only in my  dreams?  :)

scotkemp

« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2009, 06:01:25 PM »

all i know is scnieder sucks and raycroft is to unreliable look at his career so yes this next little while my canucks are gonna need to score a lot of goals because they are gonna get a lot scored on them

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: NHL Smack Talk 09-10
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »

Well Raycroft did more than what he was expected to do. He stole a win for us. 2-1 over the Kings sorry SMo007 guess your Kings got beaten by most of our Canucks ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2009, 10:25:50 PM »

all i know is scnieder sucks and raycroft is to unreliable look at his career so yes this next little while my canucks are gonna need to score a lot of goals because they are gonna get a lot scored on them

Well so far one goal against a high scoring L.A. team is not very many!  Raycroft certainly earned his salary tonight...all $500 g's per year divided by 82.  Garret kept saying the Canucks played the perfect "rope a dope" game tonight.  Kess called it a "greasey" road win.

Can't believe Raymond wasn't awarded another shoot out attept after Quick knocked the net off its moorings before he took the shot!  What's up with that??

Sounded like a home game for Vancouver.  A ton of Canuck fans in attendance outcheering the L.A. fans.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:27:29 PM by mastercaster »

SMo007

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2009, 09:31:28 AM »

Well Raycroft did more than what he was expected to do. He stole a win for us. 2-1 over the Kings sorry SMo007 guess your Kings got beaten by most of our Canucks ;)

It certainly wasn't pretty, but the Canucks did exactly what they needed to do to win last night. You can say whatever you want about their style of play, but they got the 2 points and that's all that really matters.

scotkemp

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2009, 01:02:22 PM »

smooo7 who do you cheer for because in your post it sounds like you like all the team

SMo007

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2009, 03:10:24 PM »

smooo7 who do you cheer for because in your post it sounds like you like all the team

As it says in the post right above yours, and the post at the top of the page, and all throughout this entire topic, I'm a Kings fan. That's twice now that you've responded to me with something that makes no sense. Either pay attention to what's going on or don't bother posting.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »

It certainly wasn't pretty, but the Canucks did exactly what they needed to do to win last night. You can say whatever you want about their style of play, but they got the 2 points and that's all that really matters.

Sort of have to agree with Scotkemp.....does sound like you're giving kudos to the Canucks here  even though I read that you are are a Kings fan.

SMo007

« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2009, 05:21:53 PM »

Sort of have to agree with Scotkemp.....does sound like you're giving kudos to the Canucks here  even though I read that you are are a Kings fan.

I guess I'm not like some Canuck fans (not directed at anyone) who moan and cry everytime their team loses because the ref this or the other team that, or whatever excuse they come up with. On paper, because of the number of injuries to key guys, and the fact they were badly outshot, if they played a "normal" game they probably would have gotten beaten. But they changed things up and played a game that gave them a chance to win, and they did.  I'm just simply giving credit where credit is due. I still don't like them, but that doesn't stop me from being honest.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »

I guess I'm not like some Canuck fans (not directed at anyone) who moan and cry everytime their team loses because the ref this or the other team that, or whatever excuse they come up with. On paper, because of the number of injuries to key guys, and the fact they were badly outshot, if they played a "normal" game they probably would have gotten beaten. But they changed things up and played a game that gave them a chance to win, and they did.  I'm just simply giving credit where credit is due. I still don't like them, but that doesn't stop me from being honest.

Thats what I got from your post. I got that you were just giving credit where credit was due.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

SMo007

« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »

Thats what I got from your post. I got that you were just giving credit where credit was due.

Not everyone got it, or so it would seem.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2009, 08:43:33 PM »

Absolutely nothing wrong with being honest.

noxcape

« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »

oh come on whats going on here even my lowly leafs beat the ducks why cant the canucks do it and dont give me the goalie bull crap lol at the time the leafs had an unproven goalie in net    ??? ??? ???

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2009, 08:54:32 PM »

Failing to capitalize on three glorious chances to score to go up 3 zip will probably cost the Canucks 2 points tonight.  That third goal that either Glass, Grabner, or Kessler should have had would have made the Ducks all but go away.  Instead they stopped playing with urgency.  Then Mike Brown burns the Canucks with a short handed goal to totally change the momentum of the game.  Can't blame Raycroft on any of the goals he was scored on.

Lot of goats on the Canucks tonight making poor per centage plays has also been the difference.  Hopefully Vigneault chewed them out but good and they can come out and play a stronger third period.

Maybe if the Canucks can have a few 5 on 3's like the Ducks gave the Leafs we can pull this out of the hat! LOL

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2009, 08:57:46 PM »

oh come on whats going on here even my lowly leafs beat the ducks why cant the canucks do it and dont give me the goalie bull crap lol at the time the leafs had an unproven goalie in net    ??? ??? ???

Canucks 7 wins Leafs 1 win...... 8 regulars injured including our two best players in Luongo and Sedin.

Belong to the "4 F Club"