Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL Smack Talk 09-10  (Read 183457 times)

scotkemp

Re: NHL Smack Talk 09-10
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2009, 06:42:59 PM »

you should do your homework before making non-sense posts smo007

books sold around the world about the canucks

*Canucks Legends: Vancouver's Hockey Heroes (Hardcover)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Things just got worse for Canuck fans
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2009, 07:16:27 PM »

Pure coincidence. Remember the Avs were the Quebec Nordiques and Sakic was on the Nordiques so I was routing for him even back than.

Never a Rockies fan. Remember Chico Resch LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2009, 08:33:56 PM »

Hey, the Leafs are currently on a longer winning streak then the Canucks. :o

Not anymore, the Leafs lost again tonight. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Disgruntled Leaf fan sells loyalty to highest bidder on Ebay
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »

Lee Kirby's off to a great start. His new team won tonight. Guess who they beat ? The Make Beliefs ;D

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: Disgruntled Leaf fan sells loyalty to highest bidder on Ebay
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2009, 08:58:37 PM »

Lee Kirby's off to a great start. His new team won tonight. Guess who they beat ? The Make Beliefs ;D

Perfect timing!  He probably can't wait to razz the guys at the office about their hapless Leafs.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »

Avs won again now 10-1-2. Maybe they are for real. Craig Anderson is freakin amazing. Avs were outshot 32-14 and won 3-2....

Belong to the "4 F Club"

SMo007

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2009, 10:23:11 PM »

you should do your homework before making non-sense posts smo007

books sold around the world about the canucks

*Canucks Legends: Vancouver's Hockey Heroes (Hardcover)

You don't honestly believe that people care about the Canucks outside of Vancouver do you? Most people "around the world" don't even care about hockey, let alone the Canucks. I mean really, come back to reality and give your head a shake.

SMo007

« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »

Pure coincidence. Remember the Avs were the Quebec Nordiques and Sakic was on the Nordiques so I was routing for him even back than.

Never a Rockies fan. Remember Chico Resch LOL

How about Don Cherry as coach.  ;D Ahh memories

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2009, 10:52:33 PM »

You don't honestly believe that people care about the Canucks outside of Vancouver do you? Most people "around the world" don't even care about hockey, let alone the Canucks. I mean really, come back to reality and give your head a shake.

Your right. Outside Canada most people dont care about Hockey. Except some European countries of course but even them care more about soccer. Americans dont care about hockey thats for sure ( for the most part ) Amercans are watching football, baseball, basketball and Nascar as well as all the college versions. Hockey wont even crack the top 10. Heck its not even broadcast on ESPN1...

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2009, 12:04:22 AM »

Americans dont care about hockey thats for sure ( for the most part ) Amercans are watching football, baseball, basketball and Nascar as well as all the college versions. Hockey wont even crack the top 10. Heck its not even broadcast on ESPN1...

Makes you wonder about Gary Bettman and his plan to expand into non hockey cities such as Phoenix, Florida, Columbus etc. I hear the Phoenix franchise is projecting a loss of upwards to $60 million a year. The new owner who wants to keep the team in Phoenix must have more money than brains. ::) ::)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2009, 06:31:00 AM »

Your right. Outside Canada most people dont care about Hockey. Except some European countries of course but even them care more about soccer. Americans dont care about hockey thats for sure ( for the most part ) Amercans are watching football, baseball, basketball and Nascar as well as all the college versions. Hockey wont even crack the top 10. Heck its not even broadcast on ESPN1...

Last season when I watched games outsie of Vancouver, especially the ones in the States the broadcasters mentioned several times during these away games how many Vancouver jerseys they noticed in the stands.  it seems year after year there must be more transplanted Vancouverites.  My wife caught the game in Phoenix when she was down there visiting and she said it seemed like half the stands were cheering for the Canucks, most of them wearing Vancouver colours.

SMo007

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2009, 08:01:44 AM »

Last season when I watched games outsie of Vancouver, especially the ones in the States the broadcasters mentioned several times during these away games how many Vancouver jerseys they noticed in the stands.  it seems year after year there must be more transplanted Vancouverites.  My wife caught the game in Phoenix when she was down there visiting and she said it seemed like half the stands were cheering for the Canucks, most of them wearing Vancouver colours.

Funny you say that cause the were talking about that very thing on the radio. They were saying the snowbirds from Vancouver are in heaven. They have no cold or rain to deal with and they can get 2 seats at center ice for $10. That's if they even have to pay for tickets as so many people/companies are giving them away.

SMo007

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2009, 08:07:20 AM »

Makes you wonder about Gary Bettman and his plan to expand into non hockey cities such as Phoenix, Florida, Columbus etc. I hear the Phoenix franchise is projecting a loss of upwards to $60 million a year. The new owner who wants to keep the team in Phoenix must have more money than brains. ::) ::)

Same radio program as above, they said since they moved to Pheonix, 12-13 years ago, the franchise has LOST $360 million dollars. They also said if you think they'll be in Pheonix beyond this year, maybe next year but highly doubtful, they have a bridge to sell you. ;)

prairiefire

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2009, 09:39:30 AM »

Just a thought here. If anyone has ever hurt their ribs they will know Lui will be gone for more than a week. I bruised my ribs and it hurt to breath for a couple of weeks. I'm guessing he'll be gone for at least 2-3 weeks. Not to get anyone worried but it's time for the team to step up and win some for the Captain. Hopefully Schneider can shine! Go Canucks Go!
"Assholes are like opinions, everybody got to have one."-Method Man

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2009, 01:35:48 PM »

Canucks play 6 games in the next 9 nights. We will soon know how much they will miss Luongo