Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL Smack Talk 09-10  (Read 183547 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: NHL Smack Talk 09-10
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2009, 11:36:35 PM »

Relax Noxcape, we're just having fun. ;D ;D

scotkemp

« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2009, 11:38:56 PM »

Why doesn't Hamilton have an NHL team?

???

scotkemp

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2009, 11:39:37 PM »

Because then Toronto would want one, too.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2009, 11:52:23 PM »

I think it was obvious for those who watched tonights game that the momentum completely changed after the Johnson incident. Most of the Canucks had the welfare of their teammate in mind moreso than finishing the game.

I must say I was impressed by the sportsmanship shown by the Detroit players on the scene when Johnson fell. One was calling for help from the bench and Brad May dropped his gloves and was by Johnson's side immediately. Thumbs up to the Detroit players.

noxcape

« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2009, 12:07:35 AM »

it was a class act by the red wings and like i said i hope hes ok

im jsut having fun to i dont know why its ok for everyone to make fun of the leafs but as soon as someon says something about the cansucks im being told to relax

SMo007

« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »

Hey, the Leafs are currently on a longer winning streak then the Canucks. :o

SMo007

Things just got worse for Canuck fans
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »

From TSN

The Vancouver Canucks may have dodged a bullet as the team learned Wednesday that netminder Roberto Luongo is only expected to miss about a week's worth of action after suffering a hairline fracture in his ribs.

Luongo originally suffered the injury during this past Saturday's victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs where the Montreal native made 35 saves. 

"It was a bad angle shot from (Leafs' forward Niklas) Hagman in the corner and I just kind of went one knee down and the puck just hit me in the seam of my chest protector," Luongo told reporters following Canucks' practice Wednesday.  "It kind of hurt, but the adrenaline was going so I finished the game."

He appeared to aggravate the injury in Tuesday's loss to the Red Wings during a second period collision with Todd Bertuzzi.

While Luongo was able to complete the game, he did allow four third period goals and did not speak to the media following the loss.  He was also noticeably absent from the ice at Canucks' practice on Wednesday, but he did speak to reporters afterwards and remains optimistic towards a quick return.

"There is no definite timeline, because it's really about the amount of pain that you've got there," Luongo said. "I'm definitely not playing these next two games."

SMo007

Re: Things just got worse for Canuck fans
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2009, 03:53:37 PM »

Now they have to go into LA and play the hottest team in the NHL within their top netminder. Big mountain to climb. ;)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »

Now they have to go into LA and play the hottest team in the NHL within their top netminder. Big mountain to climb. ;)

Hottest team is Colorado at 9-1-2

Who would have guessed the Av's would be 9-1-2 to start the year.  SMo007 just like you are a Kings fan I am an Avs fan. I was always a huge Joe Sakic fan. I however am a stronger Canucks fan as they are my home team. Nice to see the Avs doing well though.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Disgruntled Leaf fan sells loyalty to highest bidder on Ebay
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2009, 04:48:11 PM »

A loyal Toronto Maple Leafs fan his entire life, Lee Kirby's frustrations with the franchise reached their zenith this month as they struggled to the worst start in team history. So he finally decided to put a price on that loyalty: Placing his "allegiance up for the highest bidder" on eBay, and vowing to ditch the Leafs for whatever team the winner chose for him.

"I will remove all Leaf Memorabilia from my home and replace it with the team of choice of the winning bidder. I will root for my ‘new team' whenever they are on TV.  I will argue with the guys at work that my new team is the best," wrote Kirby. "The best part for me is now I can laugh at the Maple Laughs."

The bidding for "Very Used Toronto Maple Leafs fan" began at 1 cent. After 13 bids, Kirby's fan loyalty was sold for just $25 Canadian (US $23.48).

"I'm a Leafs fan. I'm surprised I got that much, really," said Kirby, who promptly forwarded the payment to the Southlake Regional Cancer Center project in Newmarket, Ontario, which was the benefactor for this auction.

What was Kirby's new favorite team? Had his worst fear been realized, with a Montreal Canadiens fan winning the bid and damning him to a lifetime of indentured servitude to his hated rivals?

Nope. Turns out winning bidder, Chris Dawson, is a Dallas Stars fan; and now, so is Lee Kirby, for life.

Personally, that sounds like a lot of money to me! :D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Disgruntled Leaf fan sells loyalty to highest bidder on Ebay
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »

Thats awesome!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »

In regards to Luongo's injury ....could have been a lot worse!  Raycroft was due for a game anyway.  Everyone just expected it to be the tail end of back to back games. Maybe by the time Luongo is back so will Salo and Hansen.  Also heard that Daniel is healing ahead of schedule, as well.  Johnson's concussion is anybodies' guess...that, too, could have been a LOT LOT worse!

scotkemp

« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2009, 05:37:19 PM »

heres my final prrof of why the leafs blow:
these titles are books written about the leafs sold around the world

*WHY THE LEAFS SUCK AND HOW THEY CAN BE FIXED
*Leafs Abomination: The Dismayed Fan's Handbook To Why The Leafs Stink And How They Can Rise Again

when you find a book vagly similar about the canucks we can get back to this debate

LEAFS SUCK

SMo007

« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2009, 06:17:16 PM »

heres my final prrof of why the leafs blow:
these titles are books written about the leafs sold around the world

*WHY THE LEAFS SUCK AND HOW THEY CAN BE FIXED
*Leafs Abomination: The Dismayed Fan's Handbook To Why The Leafs Stink And How They Can Rise Again

when you find a book vagly similar about the canucks we can get back to this debate

LEAFS SUCK

Don't you have to have some kind of history, or something to write about, for them to write a book about you. ;)

SMo007

« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2009, 06:25:04 PM »

Hottest team is Colorado at 9-1-2

Who would have guessed the Av's would be 9-1-2 to start the year.  SMo007 just like you are a Kings fan I am an Avs fan. I was always a huge Joe Sakic fan. I however am a stronger Canucks fan as they are my home team. Nice to see the Avs doing well though.

What's with you and the Colorado teams, are you from there. Are you an old "Colorado Rockies" fan from away back when. I have no idea why but I used to like their uni's. And I think even if you didn't like the Av's, but were any kind of hockey fan, you were a Sakic fan. Great player and class act. I was a Big Yzerman fan as well as Gretzky so I was always cheering for the Wings in those epic series. And as for the Avs being the hottest team, once we dispose of the Canucks we'll be coming for the Av's. ;)