Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nuks Vs. Blue Jackets  (Read 4210 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Nuks Vs. Blue Jackets
« on: October 21, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »

Nuks played a great first period...especially the Kessler, Cooke, Burrows line. 

2-0... Go Vancouver!

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: Nuks Vs. Blue Jackets
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 03:44:50 PM »

Nuks continue to shoot themselves in the foot....too bad for them that games go longer than 20 min.  They took far too many penalties and if not for some stellar goaltending by Sanford would probably find themselves down in the game instead of being up 2-1.  Kelsler coninued to play extremely well.

No shots on net for the Nuks in Period Two.  Coach V needs to give them a pep talk during the intermission to get them going for the 3rd.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:43:13 PM »

Canucks finish up with a very strong third period.  Nazzy scored a high light reel goal to make it 3-1 which gave them some breathing room (check it out tonight on Sportsnet).  Morrison took a bonehead penalty by shooting the puck over the glass with 2 minutes left in the game.  The Jackets pulled their goalie and on ensuing 6 on 4 Kessler scored a brilliant emty net shorthanded goal by stripping the puck off of Foote in the neutral zone on the forecheck to solidify the win!

Even with Kessler's great game, Sanford was easily the first star and stole this one for the Nuks....a great way to start their road trip!   Go Nuks Go!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 04:46:11 PM »

Canada's team is once again rolling, rolling, rolling ;D ;D What a great team we have.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 05:05:11 PM »

Nice to see the finish strong. ;D  But come on, no shots for 31 straight min....   ::) I have no idea what is going on with this team right now.  Last year, to start the season, they may not have been winning a lot, but at least they were competing for a whole game. :-\
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 05:56:42 PM »

How did Leclaire look? I'm kinda curious as he's been putting up some nice stats so far this year.
Actions speak louder than words.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 07:55:38 PM »

How did Leclaire look? I'm kinda curious as he's been putting up some nice stats so far this year.

Keslers goal was a week one...He played "ok"
weeeeeeeeeow!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 09:43:06 PM »

Luongo going to Calgary? I hear Iron Mike wants him back. ;D ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 09:59:47 PM »

I heard Toronto sucks.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 10:09:03 PM »

I heard Toronto sucks.

It's true Dion. The noose is getting tighter around John Ferguson's neck.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 10:24:49 PM »

Tomorrow at 4:00...Carolina is goin' DOWN!!  And that's because Canada's team is coming to town.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 01:35:17 PM »

Nice to see the finish strong. ;D  But come on, no shots for 31 straight min....   ::) I have no idea what is going on with this team right now.  Last year, to start the season, they may not have been winning a lot, but at least they were competing for a whole game. :-\

One word ........................................ Naslund !! that is what is wrong with this team right now, get rid of the Bum and get a few good players for his inflated salary !!!!
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 04:55:44 PM »

Tomorrow at 4:00...Carolina is goin' DOWN!!  And that's because Canada's team is coming to town.

hmmm...if the 'Nuks keep takin' penalties like the first period could be trouble...Canes are a fast team...

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 07:06:58 PM »

[\

One word ........................................ Naslund !! that is what is wrong with this team right now, get rid of the Bum and get a few good players for his inflated salary !!!!
TH
[/quote]

I have to agree with that assessment but who would want to pick up his salary?  Another Swede I'm not happy with at all is Ohlund.  Man...does he ever fight the puck!  Case in point....Brind A'more to Whitney on the empty netter.  And he always seems to be a step behind.