Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Key West Nov.5  (Read 1343 times)

lucky

• Old Timer
Key West Nov.5
« on: November 11, 2005, 11:17:03 AM »

My brother who lives back east was lucky enough to have his work send him to Florida for a trade show last week, after he was finished with business he rented a car and drove to Key West for a deep sea fishing charter.  There were only 5 people on the boat and it cost him 175 US dollars for a whole days fishing.  They went around 10 miles offshore and used mackeral for bait, he caught 2 dorado, a couple of tilefish and also a couple of grouper.  He had a great time and the weather was nice.  Last time we were in Florida he was only 14 and he had a pretty bad experience deep sea fishing, he ate too many gritz at breakfast and spent the whole day in the cabin tossing his cookies while the rest of the family caught fish after fish, my mother out fished everyone that day by catching a 7' sandshark.  Looking out the window at all the rain coming down I think I may have to take a trip somewhere warm and sandy soon!

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/member/gallery/lucky/key_west

FishiN AddicT

• WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!
Re: Key West Nov.5
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 07:03:25 PM »

that's a neat looking fish!  are they good eats?  wish my job sends me somewhere exotic.........................yeah right, wishful thinking on my part  ;D

JiG_Head

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 06:33:56 AM »

that's a neat looking fish!  are they good eats?  wish my job sends me somewhere exotic.........................yeah right, wishful thinking on my part  ;D

mahimahis are one of the best tasting saltwater fish ever ;)
the shyt talker.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 08:56:51 PM »

I'll agree with that.  Had a 15 lb fish from the middle of the Atlantic 2 years ago when I sailed across with my folks.  Huge white hootchy used and they just hammer it.  Fileted it up and once cooked, it is gorgeous white meat that is very favourful and not overpowering.  I would recommend it if you at a restaurant that offers it.