Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Guide on Pitt Marsh  (Read 8441 times)

TheFishingLad

My Guide on Pitt Marsh
« on: July 08, 2015, 08:39:10 PM »

So with talk of bass fishing spots, as of that one thread, below somewhere (maybe above now?) I decided to see how access was/is. My suggestion is to avoid it until rain comes.

However, if you're still interested, it'll take some work to get to fish-able water. Flat bottom small light boat is your best bet, as you need to portage it, twice. If you're in a kayak like I was, do yourself a favour and carry it down the Trail to the shore access, and go in from there; I exerted a lot of energy paddling through muck and skinny water. Not to mention my legs sinking in mud trying to get it over very soft ground.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:54:08 PM by TheFishingLad »

Tylsie

Re: My Guide on Pitt Marsh
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »

Thanks, I have some time off. I will try to get out in my kayak. Bass are the one fish that always elude me. No matter what I do. One day.

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:46:25 PM »

Serious Kudos to you for taking the time to map this out.   8)

FishOn36

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 11:41:09 PM »

I believe there's a lot more shore access via the dyke that goes around there, gotta scout it out again one of these days. Were you able to catch anything?

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 06:02:17 AM »

A bit off topic but when fishing here, do these marshes count as "sloughs" (which i presume they do), or are they considered part of pitt lake?

Eitherway thanks for the effort! :)

TheFishingLad

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 07:54:08 AM »

I believe there's a lot more shore access via the dyke that goes around there, gotta scout it out again one of these days. Were you able to catch anything?
From what I saw, the only access to fish able water was the spot I marked (everywhere else is heavy weeds and grass on the shore. But I didn't walk it, so I may be wrong of course. I also didn't catch anything. Spooked some bigger ones when I drifted into weeds, but you know...bass fishing..

Quin

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 04:31:47 PM »

This is in response to the question about the Pitt marsh being considered sloughs. Pulled off another BC fishing forum.
Response is from the "Ministry"

"Thank you for question regarding clarification of legal “hook type” while angling in the Pitt Marsh complex.

In answer to your question, Pitt Marsh is essentially a “still water” or lake-type environment with water levels manipulated through the operation of flap gate devices. As such, the intention is to manage recreational angling using regional “lake” regulations.

Therefore, as far as hook type, you can use either barbed or barbless, single or treble hooks when angling in Pitt Marsh. Your daily quota for bass is 4."