Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 129224 times)

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

i was out for the first time on friday morning, the water was beautiful, i had to leave by 8 so i only got about an hour of decent fishing, but i hooked into one for a short period but i didnt get a very good hookset and she unbuttoned herself.

liketofish

• Old Timer

"she unbuttoned herself"

LOL.   ;D  I thought we are on a fishing site. I didn't have the luck to 'unbutton' any on Saturday fishing from first light.  ;D

Nothing for me or anyone I met in the lower section.  Water was great in the morning but turned milky mid-day. This is a steelhead year most people would like to forget.  My local old timer friend who is retired and fishing everyday used to fill his card but still without one hatchery this year and very few hookups too. This is definitely a 'ssssllllllooooowwww' year.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:59:23 AM by liketofish »

jpar247

"she unbuttoned herself"

LOL.   ;D  I thought we are on a fishing site. I didn't have the luck to 'unbutton' any on Saturday fishing from first light.  ;D

Nothing for me or anyone I met in the lower section.  Water was great in the morning but turned milky mid-day. This is a steelhead year most people would like to forget.  My local old timer friend who is retired and fishing everyday used to fill his card but still without one hatchery this year and very few hookups too. This is definitely a 'ssssllllllooooowwww' year.

Whew! Thought it was just me!

liketofish

• Old Timer

Any report for river clarity for today?

mvelasco

Any report for river clarity for today?
Pretty clear top to bottom, 1.5-2ft visibilty. Threw everything from col. Blades to wool and not a sniff.

mvelasco

Planning heading out at first light for a short shift (yes like a part time job  :D) how did the hold up today?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Lower was OK this afternoon, on my walk along the trail heard of a few fish taken.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was not looking too good a few minutes ago, heavy rain and very windy.

Silex-user

Water was not looking too good a few minutes ago, heavy rain and very windy.

That is okay, I just  used my Sage 7116 with my ABU 7000C filled with 30lbs test and 25lbs leader and 8"  Hot Pink Jake the Snake with 5/0 Owner hook will be slaying them. ;D

Silex-user

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was nice around noon.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Nice water conditions but no fish around.  Very slow,surprising with the rain we got yesterday...

patagonia

Water was in good shape today, got a bit cloudy during different parts of the day but was between 2ft to clear depending on where you fish, tomorrow may hold out if the rain starts later but I think it will be clay after that if this rain comes.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Was OK this morning but rain has started now.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Good water conditions this afternoon, albit on the low side. No fish once again today, did not see one, did not hear of one. Sloooow...

milo

• Old Timer

Judging by the charts, the river is totally blown.  :(