Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Alouette 2017

<< < (12/15) > >>

wildmanyeah:
MY outing to Pitt lake was much better, Landed a few rainbows just past the main island on the west side of the lake by the waterfall.  Also caught a salmon smolt on a dic nite.

Easy to navigate the channel into the lake 20+ feet the whole way to the lake.  We marked some big fish on the sounded but did catch any. 

Damien:
Sure, the depth says 25 ft on the Navionics chip.  But the lake is SO LOW that the stumps that are usually a couple feet above the bottom in what is usually 25 feet of water, are now 1-2ft below the surface even in the deepest part of the channel.  There is no 20 ft clearance channel right now.

wildmanyeah:

--- Quote from: Damien on October 10, 2017, 11:42:02 AM ---Sure, the depth says 25 ft on the Navionics chip.  But the lake is SO LOW that the stumps that are usually a couple feet above the bottom in what is usually 25 feet of water, are now 1-2ft below the surface even in the deepest part of the channel.  There is no 20 ft clearance channel right now.

--- End quote ---

I was at Pitt Lake, Not Stave

Damien:
Hit Alouette yesterday. It was a beauty day on the water, compared to last weekend when we got blown off after barely wetting a line. Further hampered by a stuck bilge pump and wood jammed in the prop. Was not fun out there.

Not much action though. Chased them on the sounder working the gear from 20-110ft on the riggers. As well as trying close to the surface.

Only one fish to the boat, a nice 2lb cuttie in an area I haven't worked all that much. The usual spots didn't produce. Water temps were 7- 7.2 degrees. No kokes to be found.

2-3 other brave souls out there, didn't see any nets out. But one guy stayed in the same area (17-18' Smokercraft) for quite a while, so he was either on'm or lazy, lol. Other guy seemed to be ripping around from spot to spot in a new ~17' Legend.

Good to be on the water without wind and rain in December. Actual little spurts of blue sky in the mix as well.

Damien:
Sunny day on the water yesterday, 5-6 other boats out there. Including 3 guys in a 12 foot jon boat that had about 4" of free board way up in the a narrows, brave souls.

Lucky it was a very calm day by any standard, let alone there was no typical afternoon blow up out there. They said they got one kokanee by the first set of pilings across from the launch.

I only managed this little rainbow, with a couple bites here and there. Rainbow was taken with a Luhr Jensen Shoehorn (#1573) with a 24" leader to an all pink wedding band with small piece of UV brined shrimp.

No thermocline established, water was 5-6 degrees C, ~41F. Couple weeks of warm weather to go yet.

That said I will be out next week (might try Pitt instead) for the early spring/first run of the year shake down on my boat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version