Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder, weds 1-26  (Read 2229 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Vedder, weds 1-26
« on: January 25, 2006, 06:47:05 PM »

Well nothing to report for this poor fly guy...I'm o for ever so far...but it's still a helluva lot of fun..started off at 8:30am on lower...nice sunny morning and pretty warm...tried a spot i checked out on sat. but it was pretty fast to be using a fly on....what really sucked was i just lost all my feel for the rod in the beginning..couldn't get a decent cast out if my life depended on it....finally, took a break and figured out the current was too fast to have as much line out as i did so shortened it up and was able to fling it a little better...fished there and hour or more, used squamish poachers but they got beat quick in that current...left and went up to mid river...fished there for 4 hours...again, was having a hard time at times...false cast way too much..my buddy left and a couple older guys who were spey rodding it further up did too, leaving me the whole run...again, i finally was able to start ripping out some line and not having to false cast as much...fished the run top to bottom...drives me crazy as it is soooo fishy...and i tried some natural large muddlers, sunrises, big black flys, minnow patterns and finally an orange butted black stimulator...got a couple quick bumps but nothing else...was sitting there at 2:30 and was getting the frozen leg syndrome, wind picked up quick and rain came with it...walked out and as i got in the truck it started to dump....So, a good day on the river but no fish are afraid of me yet!!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 06:52:36 PM by golfman65 »

allwaysfishin

Re: Vedder, weds 1-26
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 07:03:43 PM »

big n black or black n purple, Genral practitioners, eggsucking leaches, dumbell eyed bunny leaches, and a couple i can't remember the names of, I'll see if i can get Rodney to add one of my pics of a few favorites that were recommended as must haves for the chilliwack. emailed the pics to rodney  ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 07:13:45 PM by allwaysfishin »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 09:21:58 PM »

Patience grasshopper. It will come.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 09:48:52 PM »

Thanks guys, patience is not a virtue i possess...but I'm not at all unhappy with what I'm doing..i guess i look at it like each cast takes me one closer to the one that i catch one on...i just hope it's not one of those ugly ones where the line fly's up into the eyelet and knots up like a ba$tard...that i hate... :P

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 11:18:34 PM »

Januarary 26th is tomorrow ???

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 11:22:15 PM »

Dion, didn't you know that there is a time difference between Canada and USA? They are one day ahead of us. I thought you would have figured that out after spending some time down there over Christmas.

Here are those photos posted for Allwaysfishing.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 12:02:49 AM »

thanks Rodney
oh and by the way hehehe if anyone should need any custom tied flies in the patterns above..... I tied them all so... p.m. me  ;D

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 03:47:55 PM »

ok...i missed a day..don't laugh at the poor guy..i was in the gym this afternoon and everyone signed in for the 27th..that screwed me up even more...

thanks for the shots of the flys..ill get busy on some...would love to know how successful you are with them???? i know i'm the only conservationalist..err sore armed water wacker not fishing normal now :'( :'(

allwaysfishin

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 10:05:08 PM »

next wednesday i'm scheduled to be hittin that spot i told you about... and a couple others with a couple seasoned vedder flychuckers. it will be a fly only day for us so look for us in the a.m. on that run, we will be there prolly between 9 and noon, might hit it with the flyrods this saturday as well but not till after hitting my first light run with some juicy prawns under my cork hehe.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 10:54:16 PM »

thanks, i will...if everything goes ok on weds.