Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder 8-3 "or" Screwed by the radio again!!!  (Read 2063 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Vedder 8-3 "or" Screwed by the radio again!!!
« on: August 03, 2006, 01:45:59 PM »

So I'll try and keep this fairly brief, doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get out of here and hit the Methow river this weekend, so I took my first day off for fishing in a month and hit the Vedder. I got a new set up for salmon, steelhead and wanted to try it out. ( Sage 990 xp, hardy swift reel, andronm. advantage line Rio, 4 heads)....Tied some silver patterns and wanted to see how they worked as well.

Hit spot one...Well, sure a lot of leaves since winter huh? Damn, I grew up and am still a city boy..I saw bear scat and tracks all along the river, I was a whistling fool going through all those trees so that alone was an adventure, fished this spot awhile without any luck...was an excellent morning though...

Headed further up river, love this spot and normally pull some decent salmon out of here when using my bait gear...Didn't see or get anything here today but again, it was an excellent time. Switched over to a pink and orange fly and no love still....

Was heading down to my other favorite spot and heard on the radio that the borders were backing up big time...Forgot about the damn holiday...Busted back and only got hung up for a half hour at Sumas....Sure would have liked to stay longer...LOTS of campers heading up on the Vedder already, lots of tents and garbage spring up...Sure sucks seeing that, can't wait till fall...OH and I didn't get broken into..which always makes me feel good!!! Paranoid but determined!!
1st run at 7ish am

1st run looking across, water was sure nice..

SHHHhhh secret spot

Secret spot 2...bet how many know this one?

New set up
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:32:52 PM by golfman65 »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: Vedder 8-3 "or" Your Dam holiday again?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »

Great pics.. that water syre looks purdy !!!!  might have to hit the chedder this weekend

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 03:22:48 PM »

thanks for the report, I was also at the vedder today, busted to springs off, then went to the fraser where we lost 3 sockeye close to shore, I dont know whats going on here. My landing percentage was 80% in the last 11 trips ???
weeeeeeeeeow!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 03:39:01 PM »

I swear they make stuff up the traffic reports on 1130am radio >:( >:( I busted my tail getting back, killed at least a half day of good fishing, didn't get a chance to stop by Reaction fly and see the guys who I haven't bugged since spring...

So, I have a warehouse business here in Blaine and now all afternoon my customers are telling me there is NO LINEUP... >:( >:(

What a waste of a good day...I know there was a fatboy waiting for my fly too... :-[

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder 8-3 "or" Screwed by the radio again!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 06:29:14 PM »

who doesnt know those spots? good for steelies ;)
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 07:41:35 PM »

Thanks for the report Golfman, great pics!! ;)  I think I have a couple ideas about where you were!!  Being that I have fished some of those spots more than others!! ;D ;D

Oh and Roekid, you suck!!  It's karma man!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

sorry Im not the expert flosser you are ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 07:59:41 PM »

sorry Im not the expert flosser you are ;D

OUCH!!!!  Karma man Karma!!! ;D ;D ;D  You think you would have learned by now!!   ??? ;D ;D  Now back to the regular programing!! ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 08:22:38 PM »

wheres fishfreak?? ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 09:39:45 AM »

who doesnt know those spots? good for steelies ;)

Yeah I was kind of laughing to myself thinking how great it would have been if a summer run was happening...Didn't see any fish OR smell them either...

I'll tell you this, I may be a wimp but that water is too damn cold to be wet wading in!!! I only had shorts on under my waders and going knee deep, man you can feel it like right now.. :D chimmy chongas were not happy having anything that cold coming towards them!! :o