Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remembrance Day Jaunt...  (Read 2410 times)

Ribwart

Remembrance Day Jaunt...
« on: November 11, 2006, 05:32:17 PM »

Well, I hit the flow this afternoon, arrived at the river around 2 pm and fished till 4 pm, just a short little jaunt today...call it a warm up for monday...met "The Weev" while I was up there, nice to finally meet ya weev...
The pool didn't seem too promising at first, water clarity was about 2 feet, good volume of flow, cloudy and rainy...But I was already there, so I thought I might as well put my time in right?

Fished some blades...nothing, saw a few fish break water as they came into the pool, passed another blade or two in front of them....nothing.  Then I switched it up to a little red and peach wool combo...and concentrated on the tail out on the short float...near the end of my drift I noticed the float had slowed down just ever so much, it just didn't seem like it was moving at the pace it should have been based on previous drifts near the same current seam...so I lifted up on it, felt a tiny head shake, and set the hook....Put up a real nice fight, at first I thought it was a coho, but soon realized by it's fight it was a good clean spring...here's that tailout...

here's the result... :D

« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 06:43:14 PM by Ribwart »

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: Remembrance Day Jaunt...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 05:54:24 PM »

nice fish..looks like you forgot your sun screen though... ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 07:16:08 PM »

Nice spring. :)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 07:42:30 PM »

I made it out today as well. First trip of the fall season. Got fish told me that we should go to the spot he got his fish yesterday. We arrived late this morning....11am  :P but what can you do. I arrived home late last night and wanted to sleep in. Anyways, we arrived at the river to find several people ahead of us, figures. The water was high but still fishable. About 2 feet vis. We start out at the first spot. Several casts in my brother gets into a fish on a blade. We bring it to hand to find a 4lb wild fish. Back into the river it goes. Shortly later I'm into my first fish. I bring it in and find it to be a hatchery jack. Good enough to count as my first coho for the year. ;D We continue fishing but it is without any more success. On our way back to the car we found a wild steelhead smolt washed up on the shore. Victim of high water I guess.  :-\ Heres some of the pics....

Ribwart, looks like we were fishing in the same area again today.  :o

Actions speak louder than words.

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

nice fish you guys  ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 08:38:01 PM »

dad came back from hunting tonight,( i wasn't allowed to go cus my grades were bad) he got a moose! We might hit the chehalis tomorrow, nice fish guys! Wish me good luck!
Fish killer 101

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 08:54:26 PM »

MY ATTEMPT TO GO FISHING THIS MORN WAS CUT SHORT DUE TO RUNNING OVER A HUGE SCREW ON LOUGHEED AND HITTING A BARACADE ! WOULD OF BEEN A GOOD DAY OUT TODAY !

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 09:03:15 PM »

Nice fish guys!! ;D  We made it out today as well and got into a couple fish as well, a report might follow!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 09:31:28 PM »

^ MISH ?

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 10:05:10 PM »

Nice coho Sterling!
Fish on!

theweev

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 02:17:34 PM »

nice fish rib. good to finally meet you. you and the girl were working the pool proper. good to see that it paid off! have fun Monday. I'm probably going to give the seymour a go. we'll hope fully see you @ the fishout @ the end of the month. I tried the tricks you mentioned for BCFR and no luck. so I'll be here for a while.