Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Think the Vedder was bad for pinks this year?  (Read 3059 times)

costas

Re: Think the Vedder was bad for pinks this year?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:30:25 PM »

wow that's a lot of people!! ;D
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »

bleh, no thank you lol
I hate fishing in a crowd.
Im guessing since it's a trout park its stocked for all to come in and try out some fishing

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:56:59 PM »

Maybe they just came out to Miss Salem and Miss Dent County weigh in the fish.  ??? ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:40:35 AM »

With a stringer tied to there shorts? Whats that about?
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 12:07:36 PM »

Sport Fishing is ALIVE & WELL on the planet earth judging by that article !!! Talk about a crowd.  Not a good day for begginers to practise their casting skills.

Makes me think that BC gov. could take advantage of Bunzen or Alouette Lakes.  Say they can stock these lakes with 5000 fish weekly to where people on boats or from shore could catch 5-10 fish daily ( special catch limit ).....  Say the Gov. charges people $15 for a day pass... & who knows possibly 3000 or so people may fish the lakes in a week.
3000 x $15 =$45,000 DOLLARS weekly.  Say they give a person special paid pass paper with date & they can have a patrol on the lake & shore to make sure people fishing have paid the special fee.
If a person got their limit 10 ...that's only a little more than $1 per fish !!!
A big parking lot can be used to park veicles & people then pay & enter in on foot.  If launching a boat they can have the launch very close by where people can put in their boats & immeadiately have a big parking lot to park.  But have people checked before leaving the dock as they go home etc...as ya don't want people catching 100 fish & hiding them away. (abuse) Or maybe for kids-teens the cost $10 under 18 yrs old....$15 for 19 & up

Guess what I'm driving at is have a place where a family can go locally on a nice lake & each member can catch 10 fish each in a day's time ....a family of 4 brings home 40 fish & a SUPER DAY of fishing from shore or boat for $50 WHAT A BLAST !!!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:13:04 PM by arimaBOATER »

wizard

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »

Why would a family need to bring home 40 fish?  you don't have to keep 40 fish to have fun fishing.  I don't get it ???

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 05:00:46 PM »

Why would a family need to bring home 40 fish?  you don't have to keep 40 fish to have fun fishing.  I don't get it

I don't get it either.
Plus,  those lakes are recreational lakes (not just fishing).
There's parking to consider.
Do you want another snag-a-pink-fest?
And 40 pellet-fed 10oz in the freezer?
As well, it probably costs more than a $1 to spawn,rear (feed) and release one of those 10oz beauties.
Fish for fun, not for your freezer.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 07:10:52 PM »

For the true sports fisherman one can fish & toil & do all the things & still be happy.
But alot of families if they want good trout fishing results have to head up country. That means motels distance & ya need a few days off min.
What I'm throwing out is if the gov. puts 1000's of fish weekly in Alouette Buntzen or even Sasamat Lake...so so many new families may take up the sport of fishing.  They can go to a  big lake "close by" & get the action of catching 10 fish. Who needs 10 fish?
Well alot of people like to see results & the spoils of their efforts.
The old caveman feeling of going out & coming back with the prize.
Also their are some people who just crave fish in their diet...
With a big lake "full of fish" one can get action via trolling,fly fishing,spin casting,float or bottom fishing..

The idea is to get super trout fishing in one's back yard & we can sleep in our beds at night.
Also it will draw 1000's of new people to our sport yearly.
That mean's also as they get more educated...they will get interested in other areas & types of fishing.
Sport fishing stores will also be selling more of their stock,more fishing lic's bought etc... Give super fishing action on a big local lake & watch out for the postive results...sky-rocket.
Lots of people want action when they fish.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:13:27 PM by arimaBOATER »

andrew5

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 04:39:41 PM »

maybe this is jsut me being a bit of a purist, but I don't think i wast to promot what we saw in that photo. I'm all for getting families involved, but that seems more like exploiting a lake. The crowds on the vedder are more than enough.

I think making a lake like alouette into a "trophy" lake might be a good idea though. we need one of those closer.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 07:57:17 PM »

Why would a family need to bring home 40 fish?  you don't have to keep 40 fish to have fun fishing.  I don't get it ???

It's recession-buster fishing!