Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This all happen this weekend...  (Read 1898 times)

charles

This all happen this weekend...
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:30:28 PM »

1) crab is still collected undersized.  The person bought out a measuring ruler, measured what looks to be a 5" crab, and put it in the bucket.  Second crab, same thing.  I told him that crab looks a bit small for a green.  He kindly took out his ruler and tried to show me that it is measured and legal.  But after he measured twice, he looked at me and throw the crab back to the ocean.  But kept the first one.  He knows the rule, he has the measuring ruler, but he choose to keep the crab.

2) Went out checking how the pinks are in No3 road.  Sturgeon was caught on the pier.  But it was too big and got away.  Ask if anyone knows that sturgeon is non-retention.  The responses : "who is there to tell?"  "DFO is not here."  "Sure I will keep it, no one here is going to tell."  "what is the big deal of losing just a few fish."  I just told them what the fine is and DFO does come and check...  It is not that they don't know the rule, they just simply ignore it.

3) Went out for a walk with my little one at London Landing.  Bullhead were left dried on the dock for no good reason.  My little one asked why they not released the fish, the response was : "they will bite again and we will lose the bait."   I told my child that she should always release the fish if it is not intented for eating.  Never leave the fish dying for absolutely no reason at all.  Worse thing is, there are the next generation kids there learning the way to fish from those people.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: This all happen this weekend...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 11:39:02 PM »

2) Went out checking how the pinks are in No3 road.  Sturgeon was caught on the pier.  But it was too big and got away.  Ask if anyone knows that sturgeon is non-retention.  The responses : "who is there to tell?"  "DFO is not here."  "Sure I will keep it, no one here is going to tell."  "what is the big deal of losing just a few fish."  I just told them what the fine is and DFO does come and check...  It is not that they don't know the rule, they just simply ignore it.

Should have punted that guy into the river and tell him "No one here's going to tell" >:(

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: This all happen this weekend...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:44:53 AM »

Sad, on a good note, have seen a couple guys ticketed for tempting to bag a sturgeon at a bar on River Rd.  Police (RCMP not CO) seems to be frequenting those popular fishing areas more this year.