Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Long walks on the beach.....to Bar fish.  (Read 3979 times)

TheFishingLad

Long walks on the beach.....to Bar fish.
« on: August 15, 2013, 10:16:09 PM »

I've been pondering the idea of bar fishing for quite some time now and I think It would be a good way to fish with how Im leaning towards becoming an alcoholic; you know, a good alcoholic, but one none the less. Now this is going to require me to purchase some Bar fishing gear, which unfortunately, will take away from the Rum account (and lets face it, while drinking rum bar fishing I can pretend my pirate ship beached itself and run around with a Jar of sand till the bell goes).  Finding the right gear for me only takes research and haggling so that dead horse I do not need to beat in this thread.

However, what I will be needing for my new-found alcoholism is a designated fishing driver. I have blue eyes, brown hair and enjoy long walks on the beach in wellys. We may use my 2 door dodge neon, where I will be forced to sit in the back due to my passenger seat getting removed to make convenient room for my cooler full of ice and rum (granted I will be playing Mission Impossible with the rods being the lasers that will trigger an alarm if touched). If you enjoy roll play you may pretend to be a Chauffer with a black hat and gloves whilst driving.

I am aware that fishing above Mission Bridge is off limits, but everythinngggg below is not  ;)   

If you found the second half of this creepy, you're not alone. I felt weird typing it but was already too far.

LP89CG

Re: Long walks on the beach.....to Bar fish.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »

I am aware that fishing above Mission Bridge is off limits, but everythinngggg below is not  ;)   

Everything below is now off limits as well

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »

sobering news
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

TheFishingLad

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »

ALL MORE REASONS TO DRINK!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:40:36 PM »

This is a scary thread.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 02:38:29 AM »

Best

Thread

EVER

TNAngler

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 06:28:01 AM »

River being closed solves your biggest problem.  Now you don't need to buy any fishing gear.

My suggestion is you head down to your closest bar with woods nearby.  Grab yourself a big, stout branch that is a couple meters long, stab it into the rocks by the river so it looks like a fishing pole.  That way in your drunken stupor, you will still think you are fishing.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 09:27:06 AM »

like to help ypo but:

but gave up the rum years ago, as I screwed up even more when drunk than not, still screwed up sober though, just not as bad. Now considering .....never mind!

I too run out of "young eagers" (drivers) ," wake me when we get there, and don't forget to stop and get 1/2 doz sausage & egg mc muffins before that, and don't forget to get the thermos filled or the forget the Hashbrowns"

"long hikes", sorry, out for me; not unless you've got a contraption to haul me back to the vehicle. However should I go tits up while on the river, you can just inflate the PFD and float me to the ramp, you may not pilfer any of my tackle, despite it's vintage/retro appeal.

Vehicles, I have a nitro 4x4 and it just about clears grass hummocks, (no wonder I get so much stick for buying it...sober}, however, I do feel better knowing someone was dafter than me, cause they bought neon, and expect someone else to, drive in it to boot  :o .

rdit; poor spellin and grammer, will continue ,untill regular fishing returns, or Dion or Rodney or Both or Rodney's Mrs get PO'd at me first  ;)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:41:48 AM by Sandy »
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

TheFishingLad

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 08:28:45 PM »

River being closed solves your biggest problem.  Now you don't need to buy any fishing gear.

My suggestion is you head down to your closest bar with woods nearby.  Grab yourself a big, stout branch that is a couple meters long, stab it into the rocks by the river so it looks like a fishing pole.  That way in your drunken stupor, you will still think you are fishing.
This also poses me with the issue of my designated driver. Surely If I didnt have one I would try to make a raft out of said stout branches and go on my merry way gently down the stream.

like to help ypo but:

but gave up the rum years ago, as I screwed up even more when drunk than not, still screwed up sober though, just not as bad. Now considering .....never mind!

I too run out of "young eagers" (drivers) ," wake me when we get there, and don't forget to stop and get 1/2 doz sausage & egg mc muffins before that, and don't forget to get the thermos filled or the forget the Hashbrowns"

"long hikes", sorry, out for me; not unless you've got a contraption to haul me back to the vehicle. However should I go tits up while on the river, you can just inflate the PFD and float me to the ramp, you may not pilfer any of my tackle, despite it's vintage/retro appeal.

Vehicles, I have a nitro 4x4 and it just about clears grass hummocks, (no wonder I get so much stick for buying it...sober}, however, I do feel better knowing someone was dafter than me, cause they bought neon, and expect someone else to, drive in it to boot  :o .

rdit; poor spellin and grammer, will continue ,untill regular fishing returns, or Dion or Rodney or Both or Rodney's Mrs get PO'd at me first  ;)
I feel a wheelbarrow would be sufficient to haul someone with tackle down a beach, perhaps add 2 more wheels to it for ease of 4x4ing.

I don't actually mind the Nitro since sales went immedietly south when they came out. Got a funky look to them. Like the dodge magnums. Don't see many of them around either.

My neon! Oh, dont get me started on my neon. 1999 Dodge neon, Platinum Silver, 2 door sport with the DOHC ;)  Had this baby since 150k and now has 240k without going wrong once. I've had it 3 hours north of Fort nelson in the winter on ice roads rigging, to saskatchetoon, northern alberta, every hell hole western canada has to offer, and it's still going. I paid $1400 for it back in 2010. I will drive it till it dies, then I will cry and mourn its passing. At which I may remove the engine and drop a 2.4L turbo from an SRT in it  =)  ( Im far too attached to my neon for my own good).

As my degenerate same-aged counterparts would say.

HATERS GONNA HATE

TNAngler

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 07:50:23 AM »

This also poses me with the issue of my designated driver. Surely If I didnt have one I would try to make a raft out of said stout branches and go on my merry way gently down the stream.

Better bring a hatchet with you so you can get some nice big strong trees to make your raft.  And some duct tape.

And this solves your designated driver issue if you have relatives further downstream that can just fish you out of the river.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »

Any one know this bar location?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fssWGNfdjg

i think it's same as this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vijDZfVaClQ
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:36:53 AM by dennisK »

chronic_topdawg

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 01:41:24 PM »

peg

TheFishingLad

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 10:18:49 PM »

Better bring a hatchet with you so you can get some nice big strong trees to make your raft.  And some duct tape.

And this solves your designated driver issue if you have relatives further downstream that can just fish you out of the river.
Fair. Although I don't have duct tape I do always have gun tape with me. Stealth army green always makes search and rescue happy. I think if I had a proper thought process I could remember what I was going to write here. /shrug