Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spinners and Floats  (Read 1403 times)

Kingflounder

Spinners and Floats
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:07:18 PM »

Hi Guys,  This is my first post.  Have followed the forums for a few years and finally decided to join up.  Love all the ethical questions and answers and consider myself an ethical fisherman who only keeps what I can eat.  Her is my question.

I am unfamiliar with the spinner techniques under floats for Coho.  Can someone describe the terminal rigging, preferred spinners, etc.  Is this at all effective for steelhead?  I usually fish spoons for steelies and have had some success in very small streams here in Washington.  I've fished the Vedder 3-4 times but always with wool under floats.

Any advice would sure be appreciated.  I live in Seattle and will do most of my fishin here so don't worry too much about competition.  Just Kiddin of course. You fellas up north have taught me many new techniques over the years and I'm just lookin to put some more ammo in my box.

Thanks,  King

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Spinners and Floats
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:11:02 PM »

Eagleye

• Old Timer
Re: Spinners and Floats
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 11:00:32 AM »

I only use floats in faster water too keep my spinner in the zone.  I see no purpose in using them in slack water it will only spook the fish.