Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~~~Pitt River Boat Launch~~~  (Read 10488 times)

Randog

~~~Pitt River Boat Launch~~~
« on: July 10, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

As little Randog is staying up at Harison Hot Springs with Grandma during the week over the summer holidays, I try to get him out fishing on the weekends. Today we loaded up the Canuckscraft (for Chris) and headed out to the Pitt River for a little spin casting for dollies.

We went to launch the little tin boat at the usual spot between the two Pitt River bridges but theres now a gate there :( So I figured I'd try to launch at Recheinbachs(SP?) I pulled up to the launch and asked the guy "how much to launch" and he says $15.00 and I politely declined and he gets all snitty telling me it's private property blah blah blah....... so I leave.

I head off to Grants Narrows on Pitt Lake to launch. GVRD wants $8.00 hiway robbery in my books. But like a good Dad I have to get Lil' Randog out on the water. I drive to the ticket vending machine and find out it only acepts loonies/toonies or credit card. I don't have enough change so out with the ol' Visa, tried it in the machine and I guess the magnetic strip is worn out >:(

So I say to hell with the launch ticket I'll risk it, meanwhile Lil' Randog is thinking it's not a good idea he says maybe we should just head for home. Not a chance "we're fishing" I tell him.

We launch our tin yacht and I go and park the Randomobile and notice the guy I parked beside has a ticket under his windshield wiper. Guess he did'nt pay for launching either.

I walk back to the boat and buzz off to the fishing hole. Rig the rods and start to chuck some # 2 Blue Foxes. Not 15 mins. had past and my mind starts to think about that ticket on the other guys truck, now I'm Very uncomfortable. So I convince Lil' Randog that it's too windy to fish so we scoot around a little (Lil' Randog loves to drive the boat) and it's back to shore. Back to the Randomobile p/u the boat and head for home :(

Is there no place to launch a boat for free anymore???? ??? ???
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 05:13:07 PM by Randog »

FishKid

Re:~~~Pitt River Boat Launch~~~
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 05:16:36 PM »

Yeah,  it sure looks like it.  Too bad your day didn't turn out better.  But I'm sure your son appreciated you for trying. ;D ;D.  It's not only for boat launching that you have to pay.  You also have to pay for the parking at all the parks that have lakes.  It's ridiculous.  Pretty soon we're going to have to pay a fee before fishing a lake or river.  In europe it's like that.

Randog

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 05:31:34 PM »

I think they charge $15 or $16 to launch on Harrison Lake.. I paid only $26.00 for an annual pass to launch at Island 22.

FishKid

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 05:38:08 PM »

Like 7 years ago things were still free.  For example,the second beach swimming pool was free then, but now you have to pay.  And the cost is $5 per person.  Not sure exactly, but it's still darn expensive.  Especially for an hour or so.  Because NO BODY can last in there for more than two hours because of all the sun and noise.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 06:02:25 PM »

Ya the guy at the Alouette marina is an armpitt.But the gate is news to me,wiil check it out tonight.Wonder why they did that, must be all the dumping and the younger set that park there to light up.Sad.

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 09:20:05 PM »

ya thats a new one on me  ???
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

JP PATCHES

• Awaeyegoyemugye
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 10:28:41 AM »

Don't they put that gate up every summer?

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 03:54:01 PM »

no its a new thing fore sure.but I did find a way in,ya gotta get wet though ;D