Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Went to Pegleg today  (Read 10541 times)

clarkii

• Old Timer
Re: Went to Pegleg today
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 07:00:22 PM »

I missed the execpt salmon part in freshwater.

I found this though from dfo.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/points/packaging-emballage-eng.htm

Packaging your Salmon
Chinook, Coho, Pink, Chum, & Sockeye
When packaging your catch, if a maximum size limit applies, the head and tail must remain attached until you prepare and consume your catch, arrive at your ordinary residence, or deliver your catch to a registered processing facility.

The head of your salmon can be removed only if the length with the head off is equal to or greater than the minimum legal size of that species for the waters in which it was caught. Leave the tail attached so species can be determined. For example, if a Chinook salmon is caught where the minimum size limit is 62 cm and it is filleted and packaged for transport, one of the fillets must have the tail attached and be at least 62 cm long.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 08:54:32 PM »

So it sounds like you can pretty much remove head most of the salmon you catch in fresh water, except for jacks and adult chinook, since the size of head may make a difference in determining the minimum/maximum size.

The head of your salmon can be removed only if the length with the head off is equal to or greater than the minimum legal size of that species for the waters in which it was caught. Leave the tail attached so species can be determined. For example, if a Chinook salmon is caught where the minimum size limit is 62 cm and it is filleted and packaged for transport, one of the fillets must have the tail attached and be at least 62 cm long.

slava

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »

Thanks clarkii for one more clarification. Though it is opposite to your first one, I like it better. Nobody needs to keep a fish with the head if there is no problem with it identification or no size limit.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 06:37:05 PM »

This is not about the heads.  ;D
I went to Peg yesterday to check out the bar. It seems the river in front of the bar has become deeper. Very tough to get a bounce unless you are tossing 5oz or 6oz. Slow fishing with not too many springs hooked, not even sockeyes. Not very encouraging.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:39:35 PM by liketofish »

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »

I went to Peg yesterday to check out the bar. It seems the river in front of the bar has become deeper. Very tough to get a bounce unless you are tossing 5oz or 6oz. Slow fishing with not too many springs hooked, not even sockeyes. Not very encouraging.

yeah i know what you mean! There are also a lot of snags out there aswell. Didn't catch anything in 7 hours of fishing.

Navy Seal Fisherman

• I'd rather be here
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »

I spoke to 1 bar fisherman last week. He needed 18 oz to keep his line in place
The only easy day was yesterday