Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: c/o 1 poachers 0  (Read 10509 times)

brood dude

• i do it with both hands!
c/o 1 poachers 0
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:31:44 PM »

it is soooooooooooo nice to finally see some justice being done on the rivers!! ;D

today was awesome! i saw a c/o talking with these two guys on the river.next time i look he is carting them off the river and up to the parking lot! curiosity got the best of me so after a couple of cast's i walked up myself.  ???

the c/o was writing a ticket for something when this other guy walked right up to the c/o and says "i got this where these guys were fishing" and then handed the c/o a plastic bag with a very dead, wild summer run! >:(

needless to say the c/o got a little annoyed with the one guy and started to tear into him about how he already asked him if he had caught anything?

that guy is soooo  f@#^%ed!!!!! i don't usually like to take pleasure in others misfourtune but this jackass totally had it coming! :-[

it really made my day.in fact i can't remember being skunked and feeling this god about it!
girls suck throw rocks at them!

Pat AV

Re: c/o 1 poachers 0
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 04:53:35 PM »

Good to hear the losers got roasted but very sad to hear about the dead wild summer run  :'(
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:03:24 PM »

Where was this. Just curious and great to hear I had that Happen on a local flow msome guy tried to cut the adipose fin of a wild coho but the coho was released unharmed and the guy is a little low on money :P unbeliveable what people will do for one lousy fish. Is it really worth the fines or worse jail time
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

brood dude

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 05:15:11 PM »

this happend on the cap.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 05:35:44 PM »

Yep, I'm of the opinion that all gear should be confiscated, and the vehicle should be confiscated as well.

Pictures of said offenders should be published in BC Outdoors monthly.

Ideally all these items should be resold to other anglers at HCTF fundraisers...

That would be awesome!
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

brood dude

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 05:56:05 PM »

your evil (nicole) and i like it  ;D thats a great idea about haivng their mugs in bc outdoors. fundraising is also another good call.

SnaggedADuck

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 06:08:13 PM »

I was checking out Tamahi a couple weeks back when this guy hooks a wild coho.  He beaches it and i tell him its a nice wild coho, he then tells me that its not and its a jack spring.  I tell him I think its a coho and point to the tail and check for white gums.  He continues to bonk it.  I ask him to gut it to see if its a red or a white jack then.  Sure enough its red meat and the guy says hmmmm, first time i have landed a jack that has eggs.  I was pondering just waiting around till and officer came about since i didnt have a cell.  Thought it was funny.

brood dude

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 06:44:41 PM »

i have found that if there is a guy who is suspect ??? i offer to help them land their fish. as soon as i get my hands on it ,i take the hook out of its back or tail and then the fish goes straight back into the river. of course if the fish is legal to retain i ask them if they want to keep it.

it has worked well a few arguments but a least this way i know that the bastards aren't leaving with fish that are not legal.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 07:25:09 PM »

GF and Nicole,
I totally agree with you both.  I remember a newspaper article about a man in Skagit Co. Washington who lost his boat, truck and was jailed over an illegal Chinook salmon.  I'm pretty sure that eliminated 99.9% of the poaching on the local rivers.  I am personally aware of several instances where people loose their rods and gear on the spot as well as getting fined.  I so wish that this kind of enforcement took place world wide. 

Hook Set

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 08:52:54 PM »

Yes that would be nice for sure.
Nice to hear someone finally got busted. But it sure hurts to hear of all the wild fish being bonked this year.

fishforever

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »

bad thing happend to me today, zach and I where fishing a favorite hole when we noticed a guy with a chum on and we were not alarmed until he pulled it ashore and than bonked it!! wich is illegal in that river, we yelled and left to phone the authoritys but they never came. :'(

steelhead nick

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 10:06:48 PM »

My friends saw a guy poach a salmon at a river. They had called the DFO but nothing happened. I'm kind of dissapointed with that but you catch all the poachers.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:08:26 PM by steelhead nick »

brood dude

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 11:16:06 PM »

just make sure you keep calling in all the bad guys you see.that way the c/o's can say look! we need more people to be out on the river!

if at all possable get photos and plate numbers because it gives the c/o's something to go on!

;D

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 07:45:14 AM »

The one good thing that I have seen down one my local flow is because it's a little more depleaded river is if theres a guy trying to retain an illegal fish they will walk right over and push the fish back in personally and chase the guy out and at one point a guy held hime there until a officer came it's great to see but on flows like the vedder you don't always get the backup.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

brood dude

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 08:23:53 PM »

i'll be the indian! ;D