Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 129658 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was very good this afternoon, fished 5 hours without a bite, saw or heard of only 4 fish hooked with 3 retained. Do not feel bad as The Master was skunked too.

yoda

Nice running into you yesterday, Chris.
Member how i missed that one takedown, and then you went upstream and the boys went across to fish?
I saw you fishing the shore for awhile and then you left.
Well, needless to say, John i believe, got into a line peeler. He had no where to go so it wasn't looking good.
Just when you think all is lost, his fish turns and slowly comes back. Very spirited fight was rewarded with a
12lb hatch, It was fun watching him play it. Probably the fish i missed which had moved up to the run where he was.
I tried a couple of other spots with no luck. Awesome day to be out!

Da's me

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Yes, it was good to have a chat.

I had heard Jon got one shorly after I left, will give it another go this afternoon, time the tide tiurns for me, the worse year in a long time for me with only 7 on and 2 to the beach. :-[ ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Another day on the flow for 4 hours without a bite, saw or heard of none. Lovely water conditions and some sweet runs fished. The days of 6 fish days in March are now but a distant memory. Must be the fish farms. ::)

Funeral Of Hearts

Another day on the flow for 4 hours without a bite, saw or heard of none. Lovely water conditions and some sweet runs fished. The days of 6 fish days in March are now but a distant memory. Must be the fish farms. ::)

Saw one hatchery caught mid river just before noon.

Dave

• Old Timer

Must be the fish farms. ::)
Lame ;D ;D ;D
I suspect the wild steelhead  population is about normal, about 1-3 thousand fish, but the hatchery component appears to be considerably less than normal this season.
More on that in another post ;)

bigblue

• Old Timer

More on that in another post ;)

I think a lot of people who fished the Vedder this year is curious about what is happening with the hatchery component.
May I ask where this other post is?

Dave

• Old Timer

I think a lot of people who fished the Vedder this year is curious about what is happening with the hatchery component.
May I ask where this other post is?
Just posted.

liketofish

• Old Timer

With the rain today and the river graph showing a shoot-up, is there any update on river clarity?

obie1fish

Pretty milky around 3 pm when I packed it in.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was OK at 1, in the Lower.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Great conditions this AM but cool. Lots of people out enjoying the crisp morning. Saw a nice hatchery taken and I lost another fish, at least I saw this one briefly not like yesterday when I had some other chances. :( Of course Jon and The Master both out fished me once again yesterday. :o

Drewhill

Lots of people in the upper today. Really, really slow though. Water was a bit high but great clarity.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water is excellent, saw a fish lost while checking out the conditions a few minutes ago.

obie1fish

Same here re: nice water. Beautiful day, beautiful water on upper and mid. Best day for me this year- Hooked and landed 2, partner hooked 3/landed 1 nice hatch doe, done by 11 am. Just a "good to be here" sorta day.