Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 129663 times)

mikeyman

I have noticed lately an increase in long float/leader, bounce ripping, anyone else?

mvelasco

I have noticed lately an increase in long float/leader, bounce ripping, anyone else?
x2

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Absoutley not. Been out 5 times in the last 7 days and have noticed more fly fisherman swinging the spey rod. Where are you fishing?

Drewhill

Mid and upper have a lot more guys doing it. It's actually guys that should know how to fish that are doing it too. Last year they could slay fish and this year they are going multiple trips getting skunked. They get desperate, lengthen the line, give it a good rip and hope their luck changes. Should really realize is all that ripping does is spook any fish that might be around.

bigblue

• Old Timer

Mid and upper have a lot more guys doing it. It's actually guys that should know how to fish that are doing it too. Last year they could slay fish and this year they are going multiple trips getting skunked. They get desperate, lengthen the line, give it a good rip and hope their luck changes. Should really realize is all that ripping does is spook any fish that might be around.

Seriously, there are guys trying to floss a steelhead?
I have seen guys dead floating at Borden area before, but trying to floss one like in salmon fishing by ripping the water? I doubt that is going to work. ::)

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Again. I have not seen anyone fishing a long leader. Ive covered alot of water in the last few days and come across many anglers,and have not seen anyone trying to floss a steelhead. Sounds like you fellas are just trying to stir up the pot. Im getting tired of this issue rearing its ugly head ad nauseam. Get out and there and catch a fish.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

Again. I have not seen anyone fishing a long leader. Ive covered alot of water in the last few days and come across many anglers,and have not seen anyone trying to floss a steelhead. Sounds like you fellas are just trying to stir up the pot. Im getting tired of this issue rearing its ugly head ad nauseam. Get out and there and catch a fish.

Maybe your standards of a long leader are different than others...
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Maybe your standards of a long leader are different than others...
Have not seen any one using a long leader ( over 3 ft ) trying to "rip" or floss a steelhead.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:25:53 AM by Dennis.t »

DRP79

I have not seen the excessively long leaders ripping away but I have seen more than a couple guys with about 8-9 feet from float to bait in about 3-5 feet of water, ripping away. The float just lays flat on top of the water the whole time as they rip 3-4 times per drift cause of snagging bottom.

Silex-user

I have not seen the excessively long leaders ripping away but I have seen more than a couple guys with about 8-9 feet from float to bait in about 3-5 feet of water, ripping away. The float just lays flat on top of the water the whole time as they rip 3-4 times per drift cause of snagging bottom.

Maybe the guys are trying to catch some Rockfish. ;D LOL

Silex-user

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

Have not seen any one using a long leader ( over 3 ft ) trying to "rip" or floss a steelhead.

I myself think anything over 18-20" is excessively long maybe mikeyman, mvelasco and Drewhill think the same and have grouped you in the long liner group where as you think it's perfectly fine.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Drewhill

Never mentioned anything about long leaders and flossing ??? I was talking about the same thing as DRP79, excessive line from float to weight.

mvelasco

anything over 2 ft is long to me. excessive float length is also puzzling

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Water conditions are good again today. A sucesssful day for me once again... ;D

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

Water conditions are good again today. A sucesssful day for me once again... ;D
I echo that statement exactly ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'