Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grassy Bar  (Read 1708 times)

The Croc

• I'm a llama!
Grassy Bar
« on: July 24, 2004, 11:13:47 AM »

Got up early and left Abb at 4 AM and on the river  and fishing by 5. we were home by 10 with 2 each. However the guy beside us hooked into a spring and went for a boat ride, came back and weighed it at 37 pounds. Was a great morning. The sunrise made it worth it even if we didn't get any fish. however we did and it was even better. there were quite a few hooked but it was getting very crowded by the time we left. Hope others had as good a day as we did

The Croc

• I'm a llama!
Re:Grassy Bar
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 05:08:25 PM »

By the time we left at 9 it was fun picking our way thru them to get out. There were boats anchored & tied  alomost everywhere it was possible. Will try again tomorrow. what the hey its worth it :)

SockeyeJunkie

• Where's the steelhead sherpa?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 07:50:24 PM »

Relatively new to sockeye fishing.........what were you using as far as rig setup...........I have had people tell me a small green corkie or likewise..............any advise would be great for this rookie.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 07:57:25 PM »

To be trueful all you need is a bare hook but some say a corkie helps keep it off the bottom a bit so it aids in hooking sockeye by this method of fishing.