Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pelican 10ft Kayak with accessories - $325 at Costco Bricks n mortar stores  (Read 3009 times)

BananasQ

Note, not the fishing version, but I don't think that fitting a rod holder would be hard. Includes: paddle, spray skirt, car top carrier. May be of interest to some people,

http://www.costco.ca/Pelican%e2%84%a2-Odyssey-100X-Kayak-.product.100149295.html (price is $100 lower in store)

Walleye76

Bought this one last year (2 of them actually) it does come with 2 vertical rod holders in back area which work great for trolling with spinning rod setup but I added a Scotty fly rod holder to front (there is room add two on front if want)also fitted it with two anchor rope cleats. Takes a bit to get used to casting a fly while sitting in the kayak but it's doable. The wife and I spent pretty much every nice weather (and a few not so nice) weekend on the water and loved it, spent the winter itching to get back out on them and finally was able to yesterday. She managed 3 small rainbows (biggest being 12") on light spinning setup tossing spinners and small spoons but I didn't fair as well on the fly (missed a take on a black leech pattern under and indicator) either way was great to get out on the water again. These are Well worth the price IMO
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 01:10:09 PM by Walleye76 »