Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help needed to choose my first Zodiac inflatable  (Read 24444 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: Help needed to choose my first Zodiac inflatable
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 07:02:40 PM »

That's the way to do it.  Be ready to pounce.  They always come up for sale.

When I sold my Maxxon a few months, it was gone almost instantly.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
http://

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 06:00:29 AM »

You are Mayor of Wrongville, wrong.

Zodiacs have different product lines as well as options to buy the same boat in different materials.  Many of which are Hypalon™-Neoprene™ fabric.

Only Zodiac upper end RIB are hyppalon made. Small boats we talk about are all PVC. and are substandard comparing to Avon or Achilles.

West

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 08:53:02 PM »

Think about the weight of the boat that you will be buying and the lakes you will be visiting to fish in.  The ones your looking at usually weigh over 120 LB, this could be an issue if you have to hike in a KM or more with other gear.

Not that this would be of interest to you, but I picked up a lower quality inflatable last year and couldn't be happier, strong, stable and roomy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_FlqCJMSdc

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2016, 08:11:35 PM »

Act FAST, if its not too big for you;

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/5504004311.html

Posted 38 mins ago.

Old Blue

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 09:59:39 AM »

He already got a sweet used Achilles at a great price   :)

sbc hris

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »

Pics??? ;D

Tangles

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 07:11:53 PM »

Hi guys, sorry for not posting anything in awhile but I've been crazy busy lately and not much on internet.
I did end up buying an 11ft Achilles LSI 112 hypalon boat, made in Japan in 2000. It has an air floor and is in pretty decent shape, holds air and it swims great :)
I paired that up with a 2-stroke 8hp Mariner outboard,
equipped the boat with anchors, fishfinder, rod holders, safety gear. Of course as expected I ran over budget at the end so I settled on a 30lb Minn Kota with a new 65Ah marine battery. I know it won't fair well against any serious wind but I'll have the gas motor for those cases.
I bought a fully automatic inflator pump from West Marine and I'm super happy how fast and good it works, it definitely shortens the setup time as it switches on its own from low to high pressure. It also has a built-in analog pressure gauge which I feel more confident about than the digital version.
What's left now is to setup a downrigger and get some crab/prawn traps when paycheck allows it, oh and my fishing license just expired too, how convenient LOL.
I'd like to say huge Thank You to all of you good people who chipped in with great advice and local experience! Especially Old Blue who took the time to guide a newbie along the way, as well as Mike, the previous owner of the boat, great guys all along.
I don't have too many pics yet but here's one from the other day on our fist test sail at Buntzen, I'll post more soon when I set up more seriously :)

Tight lines!

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2016, 07:37:47 PM »

Beauty! That's my exact Achilles model.