Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Save Skeena Salmon on TV tomorrow  (Read 1458 times)

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!
Save Skeena Salmon on TV tomorrow
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:41:52 PM »

Spread the word to watch TV this SATURDAY MORNING!
- The syndicated TV sports fishing show- "Nice Fish" - with host Gary Cooper, is going to show "Call from a Coast" January 28th 9:00 am Channel 12, A-Channel Vancouver Island: available on Bell express and Rogers Starchoice.

If you are in Europe or don't have Bell Express or Star Choice, I hope you don't mind the email; I hope you are as pleased as I am to know this show is being broadcast and many more people across North America will learn from it, about the threat to the precious Skeena salmon. 

Things are looking pretty good - the open net fishfarms may not go in to the Skeena estuary- the government appears to be backing down and this TV airing will help (and there are more showings to come).

If you want to comment, give a new email address or come off the contact list just reply to me.
Luanne
Luanne Roth

Gooey

• Old Timer
Re: Save Skeena Salmon on TV tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 09:40:13 AM »

Just watch the last half of the show....it was sickening to see alll these small smolts covered in sea lice. 

One fish that looked like its was a couple inches long had 7 or 8 lice on one side.  the fish looked annorexic, I guess with that load of lice, all the fishes resources are just being leached away.  The lice were of all sizes, I would guess multi generational - I cant help but think that would be indicative of a prolonged exposure in an infested environment.

very compleeing show that I would recommend everyone (especially our politicains) see. 

I assume "Nice Fish" bore the cost of having that show aired...my thanks to any of the people and organizations that are bringing this issue to the people.