Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass fishing spots  (Read 11573 times)

TheFishingLad

Re: Bass fishing spots
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 07:11:24 PM »

The best areas for bass (I found, as a non bass fisherman) were around weeds with drop offs. Here is the biggest one I've caught, last year from my kayak using plastic worms.

rezak

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 01:11:22 PM »

FishOn36 I've been looking for a place to put a boat into the marsh too.  Lots of the sloughs look like they will lead there not sure though.  When I fish it I usually walk the trails but have recent wanted to get onto the water there. Have you had any luck getting boat into there.

Are motors allowed in the marsh?  I've been looking for that in the regs and didn't see it.  If you know where it is just a page number is good I'll look it up.

FishOn36

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »

FishOn36 I've been looking for a place to put a boat into the marsh too.  Lots of the sloughs look like they will lead there not sure though.  When I fish it I usually walk the trails but have recent wanted to get onto the water there. Have you had any luck getting boat into there.

Are motors allowed in the marsh?  I've been looking for that in the regs and didn't see it.  If you know where it is just a page number is good I'll look it up.

I believe there is some kind of boat launch at the marsh, no idea where though. I have to scout it out again, would probably be best with something small like a fishing kayak, or canoe..even a small inflatable. What's the best way to get access to the marsh from shore? And have you been there lately? Just wondering how the fishing is.

The best areas for bass (I found, as a non bass fisherman) were around weeds with drop offs. Here is the biggest one I've caught, last year from my kayak using plastic worms.

Has there been any decent sized fish caught in there? Like 1lb+, gotta be some around!

rezak

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 03:07:03 PM »

I haven't seen there in a few weeks now.  I walk the dykes and the trails around and look for breaks in the trees and brush that allow room for casting and nothing special.  If I can get to the water, I'll try fishing it for a bit.

Moloto

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »

Has there been any decent sized fish caught in there? Like 1lb+, gotta be some around!

Last summer I did see a larger one around 10" cruising along the edge of the lily pads. Couldn't punch through the weeds to get at him from shore, you're better off in a boat.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 02:16:37 PM »

I've gotten a few 3-4 pounders out of deer the last 2 months, seen bigger ones caught too. Just get away from the small ones and fish heavy cover.

chronicfisher

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 06:15:20 PM »

I've gotten a few 3-4 pounders out of deer the last 2 months, seen bigger ones caught too. Just get away from the small ones and fish heavy cover.

Are you fishing top water?or weed less rig?

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 06:26:17 PM »

I've got some nice ones on poppers.
But mainly power craws and other big plastics with bullet weights

chronicfisher

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 06:43:55 PM »

Thanks bc!