Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: echo lake near deroche?  (Read 1437 times)

fishnjim

echo lake near deroche?
« on: April 15, 2011, 05:22:01 AM »

has anybody ever fished echo lake near deroche?  my uncle fishes elbow lake near there, and is wondering about fishing this other lake?

Rickjames_22

Re: echo lake near deroche?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:12:47 PM »

Hey, I have fished echo there... actually at this exact time of year...

I can tell you that their is a bed and breakfast on one side of the lake that is private property and has BIG dogs lol...
You can hike around the private property, its just a round about way. You will know you are close when you pass the black rod iron gate on the left hand side of the road.

so that's the bad news.

here is the good new! ;D There are lots of fish willing to take your hook!!! smaller fish, but this is the lake i caught my first fish at on a fly rod. i scrambled across the rocks at the opposite side of the "resort" and was casting from there.

but these fish seem to take many different baits. but again they are small, like average of 8 inches. but if you go, u can see them right at the shore, not shy at all it seems.

i didn't bring in a float tube or anything, just from shore, but a float tube or pontoon would certainly be a plus.

But given the accessability of Elobow lake, that might be a better option.

fishnjim

Re: echo lake near deroche?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:17:30 PM »

thanks rickjames!  i will tell the old guy tommorow!  i might even go and see him sometime.  but i would first hit the rivers for some steel.  then these lakes for some cutties/bows.