Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ossoyoos lake  (Read 2326 times)

fishnjim

ossoyoos lake
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »

any chance on getting a carp?  bass?  trout?  a friend is going to be there on the weekend and is wondering if it is possible and bring his rod.  he is hoping he can catch a bass or carp.  but would be happy with trout.  anybody fished there this time of year?

one more cast

Re: ossoyoos lake
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:55:26 PM »

any chance on getting a carp?  bass?  trout?  a friend is going to be there on the weekend and is wondering if it is possible and bring his rod.  he is hoping he can catch a bass or carp.  but would be happy with trout.  anybody fished there this time of year?

Might be a little early/cold water temps for bass.
Carp and trout, I don't know about on that lake.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »

--we ice fish for bass up here so maybe
--expect stormy weather, wind and barometric pressure changes so spotty fishing.
--seems each day get a few hrs of nice weather so if you're lucky on the timing you could get into fish.

--one reason for not many bass this time of year is good chance to get decent sized trout or kokanee trolling in the warmth of a heated boat rather than casting in the cold wind. 

--I'd say the fish are there its the fishers that aren't hardy enough... go for it

1son

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:11:35 PM »

my cousin caught a few trout there last summer trolling but yeah I think might be a lil too cold this time around never know good luck

fishnjim

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 05:27:08 AM »

thanks for the info guys!  i will pass it on.

learningtofly

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 07:42:54 AM »

Bass and Perch...I caught a 12" yellow perch out of there last summer...bigger than the bass I was catching and put up more of a fight.  Get away from the beach...try to find the milfoil and troll on the edge or cast a lure at the edge and let it sit for a bit...then jerk it...I was catching them like crazy up there in the summer and spring...

Good luck!

Butch1949

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »

Learningtofly were you up at the very north end of Osoyoos , I once saw a fishing show on Bass up at that end and they were slaying them, but the Perch they didn't show, would like to know and what bait- lure used if I may? ???
"I don't catch fish"

learningtofly

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 08:56:14 AM »

Learningtofly were you up at the very north end of Osoyoos , I once saw a fishing show on Bass up at that end and they were slaying them, but the Perch they didn't show, would like to know and what bait- lure used if I may? ???

Hey Butch
I was using a Rapalla orginal floater, which is what I caught the bass on...and the perch, it was a soft bait, split tail in black...on a jig head...just did a jerk retreive and hammered it. 

I was across for white sands beach...all long the opposite side...near where the mill is...I think it's a mill....my uncle and I normally takes out the jetskis and are abel to cover a lot of water but we normally stay on the north shore

Butch1949

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »

Learningtofly there used to be a campground right at the very north end of Osoyoos Lake but gone now, it's resort development now and unaccessible last time up there I launched from Public Launch Centre of town but the wind came up, shoulda been out sooner!, thx for the info tho and I will try again.
"I don't catch fish"

jon5hill

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 07:42:34 PM »

You are very likely to catch some large northern pikeminnow. I casted a blue fox into that lake a couple of years ago and immediately hooked a monster squawfish, it was around 3 pounds.

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »

look out osoyoos, here comes Rodney in search of the monster sqawfish....
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

eddy

• Sea Lice? What Sea Lice?
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »

Heads up guys.
There is a 300 lot subdivision coming to the north-east side of Osoyoos Lake, with a 150 boat marina, just east of where the river comes into the lake. That is extremely shallow there. I guess they will be dredging it. Paradise lost.