Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BIG DAY  (Read 4611 times)

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
BIG DAY
« on: January 22, 2006, 06:34:46 PM »

Make sure you all vote tomorrow. AND DONT GO HARPERS WAY...........................MY 2 CENTS.DONT LET HIM SELL US TO THE USA.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: BIG DAY
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 06:48:53 PM »

Friends don't let friends vote conservative lol  :D
Actions speak louder than words.

Pantharen

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 06:56:27 PM »

Make sure you all vote tomorrow. AND DONT GO HARPERS WAY...........................MY 2 CENTS.DONT LET HIM SELL US TO THE USA.

Harper aint gonna SELL us, he'll give Canada away for FREE

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 07:40:22 PM »

i get my dad to vote for me since im only 17. He doesn't vote normally so he says he will give ti to me.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 07:57:46 PM »

In all respect I have to disagree on this for several reason. However as this is a fishing website I feel that as far as the protection of our fish stocks and the recreational angler's stake in this I am more than willing to give Harper's candidates an opportunity to improve things.

The present government has done a terrible job fish wise. I think a lot on on the West Coast will agree they have by, cutting back on enforcement, cut back on staffing levels and cut back on funds for hatcheries. Did you know a large percentage of hatchery raised coho are not clipped because of these cutback. In the future a lot of returning fish will be hatchery stock but not clipped so you will not be able to retain them if you wish. >:( >:(

Not enforcing the fishery regulations especially on the Fraser River for some sectors that have allowed untold number of fish to go missing with no proper. Closed lighthouses that now they say they are going to reopen at the cost of more funds to re open. >:( >:( >:(

Then there is the Gun Registry that has used up close to 2 billion in yours and my money but I not going there any further.  >:(  >:( >:( >:(

I know these are just a few reason why Harper is getting my vote, lets give him and his people a chance to improve things for us and the fish as well. ;D ;D

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 08:26:08 PM »

You shouldn't let polictic's screw up your fishing website...i deleted my comments about being "sold" to us Americans down here..politics only mix well with bloody noses, not fishing or anything else enjoyable!!!

norm_2

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 08:56:03 PM »

Chris G.: The polls indicate a Conservative government.  Do you know what their plans are for funding,  hatcheries, enforcement, etc.?  Thanks.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 09:01:55 PM »

Does Harper or any of the leaders even know what a salmon looks like..... I would vote Liberal if I was voting for a party but I am not voting for "the party" this time. The Liberals have not held a seat in my riding for over 20 years. Last time they finished a distant 3rd. So I am voting for the NDP candidate. I have read everything I could about him and he seems like the logical choice in my riding. Also I want to see a minority goverment so Harper cannot just do whatever he wants. I dont need him pushing his religious crap on the Canadian public. He thinks women shouldnt have a choice when it comes to abortion, he also thinks its wrong for two people of the same sex to be together. I guess he does not believe in freedoms and thinks everything he believes in is the "ONLY" way. Ya I want a guy like that representing the country I so desperetly love.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 09:27:27 PM »

Chris G.: The polls indicate a Conservative government.  Do you know what their plans are for funding,  hatcheries, enforcement, etc.?  Thanks.
No not really but if 3 conservative candidates we in the fishing community have fairly close ties to get elected and re - elected we feel they know the shortfalls of the present government have been fish wise.

I feel it is time to give them a chance to prove themselves as the present Liberal Government is a tired and worn out party. They have made way too many mistakes the last while that have cost you and me millions of our hard earned tax dollars They need to go to the opposition benches and rebuild within.

I feel Martin will be one of the first to go.

I predict a Conservative Government tomorrow hopefully a majority. Saying that I could be wrong as I predict the Leafs will win the Stanley Cup this year. This will get a reaction out of FA I am sure. ;D ;D

Make sure you all get and exercise your franchise tomorrow for whomever you think can do the best job for Canada in the next 4 to 5 years. Remember Canada is the best place in the world to live but it could get a lot better with a government change over.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 09:38:10 PM »

My father fought for this country so I can exercise my right to vote and I will ! I predict a minority government.

The Bear

• Beautiful isnt it
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 10:17:25 PM »

Chris, I agree with you on everything but the leafs, By  the way woodys will be closed tomorrow as the carp must get his fish fix.
~..:::A Bad Day Of Fishing Is Better Than A Good Day Of School:::..~

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 10:24:44 PM »

Chris, I agree with you on everything but the leafs, By  the way woodys will be closed tomorrow as the carp must get his fish fix.
Welcome aboard, hope you had a busy weekend. Good luck out there tomorrow  I am sure you will find a fish or two. ;D ;D

We will hope you will have time to post a report for us.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 12:39:22 AM »

PC all the way for me.  The Liberals had their days & screwed up too many things, including the scandal.  Fishery records have been dismal. All the cut backs on fishery funding while they say they have surpluses.  I guess the surpluses go to some of their friends and their benefit packages other than our vital fishery.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 09:15:54 AM »

"I never saw a gravel pit I didn't like"
"You can sell your house if you need an operation, like they do in the States"
" I like fish...you know, and chips"
What harper would say if his handlers would let him. What did he do for a living, no one seems to know. It may because it would be a major embarasment perhaps. I'm from Alberta and he is alot like the hicks you see there. More Jesus and more guns solve everything. Get out and vote.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 09:43:41 AM »

I voted today.

Coincidently, in my neighborhood today is also garbage day.  The irony wasn't lost on me.  Even if you take out the garbage, you keep getting new trash.  Hmmmmm.  ::)