Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: birthday gift!  (Read 4129 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: birthday gift!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 01:19:14 AM »

Garry Elgear is the owner of Riverside Fly and Tackle. He can be a hard guy to get a hold of but leave a message at the shop saying "I'd like to book a fishing trip with Garry on the Upper Pitt" and you'll be sure to get a call back. 604-944-2479

noxcape

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 02:10:41 AM »

garry is a great guy he will be in the shop on saturday all day

Brothersage

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 07:50:08 PM »

Garry is a real good guy and he is a big HOOT to be around. Really knows that river well.

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »

Why not contact Pitt river lodge. there are many qualified guides that fish that river.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 12:21:31 AM »

Why not contact Pitt river lodge. there are many qualified guides that fish that river.
The guys at the Upper Pitt Lodge probably know more about that river than any other guides. They live up there. However they are much more expensive than other guides.

Deb

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 11:10:56 AM »

You'll be getting the same birthday gift that I got this year....!  My trip is booked for June.  Unfortunately I can't help with the price of mine, it was auctioned off through the Steelhead Society and my hubby bought it for me, knowing I have always wanted to go there too. 
We are going with Swiftwater Guiding, they have a website at www.salmonguidebc.com or you can email them at Swiftwater@shaw.ca for information.

Garry too knows the Pitt very well and would be a great guy to spend the day with on the river. (his contact info given above by Dion or reach him at Riverside Fly and Tackle).
As would the Pitt River Lodge (type in your browser, they have a website). 

Hey, it's your birthday - and I call it for some, the trip of a lifetime! You deserve the best so spoil yourself.  :)

cheers,
Deb

Brothersage

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 12:26:58 PM »

Hey All, I've always wanted to fish the upper pitt but never had a chance! I've got a 16' alumaweld/ 60hp prop and would love to take it up there.If someone that knows the way up and where to go wants to go out sometime get back to me! I know we'll have to walk but that's cool with me. I just want to go with someone that has been up there before! Thanks

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 09:08:48 PM »

You'll be getting the same birthday gift that I got this year....!  My trip is booked for June.  Unfortunately I can't help with the price of mine, it was auctioned off through the Steelhead Society and my hubby bought it for me, knowing I have always wanted to go there too. 
We are going with Swiftwater Guiding, they have a website at www.salmonguidebc.com or you can email them at Swiftwater@shaw.ca for information.

Garry too knows the Pitt very well and would be a great guy to spend the day with on the river. (his contact info given above by Dion or reach him at Riverside Fly and Tackle).
As would the Pitt River Lodge (type in your browser, they have a website). 

Hey, it's your birthday - and I call it for some, the trip of a lifetime! You deserve the best so spoil yourself.  :)

cheers,
Deb

trip of a life time! and I deserve it! Thanks Deb!
 ;D ;)

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »

I fished the Upper Pitt with a guide at the end of June last year.  Fished hard all day and nada.  However it is a beautiful place and certainly worth a trip.   Put my luck down to an off day and hey, I'm totally inexperienced as a river fly fisher.

Go now before they build the generating plants.