Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Southern Vancouver Island  (Read 1695 times)

awurban@msn.com

Southern Vancouver Island
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »

Hey everyone,
I dont know if you guys will remember me on the fourums from before well I use to live in Chilliwack and finding good fishing was easy
I now live Near Victoria in Metchosin, BC I wanted some advice from some locall anglers out here on fishing for trout this spring and where can I start fishing for salmon next fall thats close? Im pretty close to sooke and not that far from the Jordan river but any advice will be appreciated and where can I find steel head oppurtunities without going up to the stamp?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Southern Vancouver Island
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »

Closest one with anything close to any significant numbers would be the Cowichan River in Duncan/Cowichan

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

awurban@msn.com

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:45:50 PM »

thats kind of what I figured I should just move to duncan and carpool into esquimalt every day lol thanks for the advice

mykisscrazy

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:22:46 PM »

Okay so you used to live in Chilliwack and found easy places to fish...Now you have moved to Southern Vancouver Island and the Jordan River is not too far away. So, then the Sooke is also not that far off, then there are countless of other smaller flows in that general area, that all have fish.
Go out and explore before you go driving over to the Cowichan.

awurban@msn.com

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:57:33 PM »

How can I find out the populations of fish in different rivers on the island Im trying to find out which rivers have a Pink salmon run

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 08:10:42 AM »

How can I find out the populations of fish in different rivers on the island Im trying to find out which rivers have a Pink salmon run

The East Coast of the Island is where you will find the biggest runs on even years. From Nanaimo north is where the fishing really starts. They have been trying to rebuild the Cowichan pink run and started 4 years ago? It might be a good year this year but I dont know the numbers. Best to contact someone there.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family