Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vaccum Sealer  (Read 1268 times)

ICA

Vaccum Sealer
« on: October 10, 2013, 06:17:37 AM »

Fellas,
I have had enough of machines that are good for several seasons and then don't work properly. I am sure there are enough of you expert fishermen out there who routinely vacuum pack your catch, and so would you kindly recommend a good one to me. Budget is not an issue. Thanks in advance!

Take care on the waters and please conserve your catch!

joshhowat

Re: Vaccum Sealer
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 06:31:35 AM »

I use a Foodsaver. I have had it for 3 years now. You can buy replacement bags at Costco too.

It has been used a lot too and is still going strong.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

hotrod

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 06:47:54 AM »

You need to go to "Well's canning" in burnaby near the costco just off gagalardi exit. Last year bought a beauty vac packer for 400 something. Absolutely fantastic!
I got the, Weston Pro-2100 .  Do tons of sealing! I would recommend to keep using the "Foodsavor" rolls as opposed to what they sell. Its much easier to use! Food savour are ok but this is the real deal when it comes to vac packing
Here it is!! Good luck!
http://www.wellscan.ca/home.php

hotrod

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 11:42:06 AM »

Rival makes vacuum bags that work with the food saver but are both thicker and cheaper. A great deal if you can find em.  But high-end model food saver has been acting up on me - starting to get me nervous. 

robbyvanz

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 01:56:05 PM »

Bought a FoodSaver from Costco a few years back when that big sockeye run came through.  Sealed over 50 fish.  No problems.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:44:32 PM by robbyvanz »

salmonlover

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 03:23:54 PM »

You need to go to "Well's canning" in burnaby near the costco just off gagalardi exit. Last year bought a beauty vac packer for 400 something. Absolutely fantastic!
I got the, Weston Pro-2100 .  Do tons of sealing! I would recommend to keep using the "Foodsavor" rolls as opposed to what they sell. Its much easier to use! Food savour are ok but this is the real deal when it comes to vac packing
Here it is!! Good luck!
http://www.wellscan.ca/home.php

hotrod

awesome been looking for a good vacuum sealer for a long time now. foodsaver is alright really have to position the meat right to get all the air out.