Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lakelse River  (Read 4579 times)

fullahead

Lakelse River
« on: April 09, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »

Lakelse River
              I was wondering how the salmon fishing is on the lakelse river, July, Aug., Sept. I am going to take a trip up there this year, the last three weeks in August. I was told this is the best time of year, for sockeye pinks and Coho, and summer run steel head. I am interested in getting some information on the Lakelse River. Can you run a jet boat on the river, and is there gravel bars like the upper Fraser, or is it big boulders? Where the river comes in to the lake , can you run a boat up into the lake?

Flycastin

Re: Lakelse River
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 08:08:03 AM »

The lakelse river does not allow jets on it, but it can be drifted or walked. Watch for log jams and bears, as there are PLENTY of those at every bend.
The earliest I have caught a chinook in that river was May long weekend as thats when the river turns on its heat! July, August and September are great months for that river, and I would suggest walking/wading the river.

drift

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:13:28 PM »

Flycastin hit the nail on the head with the info.Especially with the bears,we saw three different grizzlies in one day last year.Sorry not too sure about the boat laws there .

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »

You also need a special classified stamp I believe to fish that water.  Not 100% on that, but fairly certain.

Flycastin

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 03:09:37 PM »

If you ever walked the river, you would see that a jet would never make that river. Its tiny in some spots.  ;D Find Whitebottom Road, and thats where you should start and go up from there. Thats where the logging bridge is and in the summer its a gong show with people jigging. Again - watch for those crazy bears. I can't stress this enough around that river.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:11:53 PM by Flycastin »