Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008/2009 angling license renewal reminder  (Read 3939 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
2008/2009 angling license renewal reminder
« on: March 25, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »

This is a reminder that your angling licenses will expire on March 31st, 2008 so make sure you renew them if you decide to fish on and after April 1st, 2008.

Both fresh and saltwater angling licenses can now be renewed online.

Online freshwater fishing license purchase

Online saltwater fishing license purchase

You can also get them from these website advertisers.

Berry's Bait and Tackle, Richmond
Pacific Angler, Vancouver
Reaction Fly and Tackle, Abbotsford
Riverside Fly and Tackle, Port Coquitlam
Sea-Run Fly and Tackle, Coquitlam

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: 2008/2009 angling license renewal reminder
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 04:06:18 PM »

If you are planning on fishing for steel right away you may want to get your license and stamp on line as the printer that the government uses has not finished printing the stamps yet and they have no idea when they will come in. You can get your basic license at a tackle shop but not the stamp.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 04:10:15 PM »

Good advice fly_guy. Also, you can follow this pdf tutorial for how to getting your online freshwater license:

http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca/docs/tutorial_for_anglers.pdf

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 04:57:24 PM »

If you are planning on fishing for steel right away you may want to get your license and stamp on line as the printer that the government uses has not finished printing the stamps yet and they have no idea when they will come in. You can get your basic license at a tackle shop but not the stamp.

Wish the government would get their act together and have all the appropriate stamps and licences at the same time.  >:(

salmon river

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:40:21 PM »

Why should we have to pay to use what belongs to us anyway?

Your nickel and dimed with license, tags, classified license and tax on top of it, and that does not even count the federal licenses, tags needed. It is all just a tax grab anyway.

Non BC residents should pay but not BC Residents to use provincial waters owned by us.

I am 40 and have only ever been checked once in my life and I used to fish a lot around the province and still fish a fair bit locally and I have not seen a Fisheries officer since I was 10 on Young Lake in the Cariboo many years ago....

What does the government do with license revenue other than stocking lakes? It is poorly run ministry at both levels and by the time they realize it, we all will be just fishing stocked ponds....

warlo_527

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 08:44:49 PM »

Also wanted to point out that Army and Navy is offering 15% off your fishing tackle when you purchase your licence at their store. I believe the sale is good till April 4th, but not sure. It's in the flyer (that I through out already).

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 08:47:37 PM »

Army and Navy like other tackle shops have the licences but not the tags. This was as of yesterday.

David_R

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 09:05:27 PM »

Why should we have to pay to use what belongs to us anyway?

Just want to throw this out there, I understand where you're coming from. But I also think it's a skewed view to believe any of the resources on this planet belong to us, we are lucky to use them, and are privledged to fish, but none of these resources belong to any single person or group on this planet. It's unfortunate we have to abuse them and fight over them.

rocky

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 10:52:33 AM »

the new licences/stamps will be available but with the poor prognosis for the upcoming salmon season it appears to me that there will be a corresponding drop in salmon stamps especially with no opportunity for pinks. any thoughts?

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

It's a lovely situation we have now. If you don't have a Credit Card you can't fish for Steelhead.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »

What a joke.... could we go to Service Canada maybe for the stamps? I would really like to fish for Steelies in April. If not at Service Canada how do we buy them over the internet? Do we just buy them and then print them off?.... I dont get it.

Any help/answers would be great...

Dan

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »

What Dion was saying is that steelhead conservation surcharge stamps are currently not available at the tacklestores, but only available on the internet. For those who are underage and do not have a credit card, they will not be able to get their steelhead stamp since they cannot purchase online. One solution to this would be to purchase your license and stamps with your parents' credit card, when permission is given by them of course. ;)

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »

Ok so how do I get to the site to purchase the stamps.....? And do you just print them off with your printer off your computer or do they get sent to you (how do you get them) ?

Also when can I purchase my new stamp, do I have to wait until April 1st??

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 09:00:25 PM »

Thanks Rod! Think the paper could be a full sheet instead of "letter size"?