Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Spring Bar Gravel TV Coverage  (Read 4170 times)

roeman

Re: More Spring Bar Gravel TV Coverage
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 02:23:29 PM »

"When will our governments stop advocating these type of activities on our precious water systems. Carbon emissions need to be controlled but so does this destruction of prime fish habitat and fish bearing streams."

I find it amazing that people are still surprised when gov'ts from around the world, not just BC continually make extremely bad decisions as far as screwing up mother natures wonders. 

I think the only time they will stop is when all rivers have dams on them and all trees are cut down and all the forests have houses and pavement.  Then they will stop. 
Are you fishin or catchin

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »

I see the Solicitor General has resigned this evening due some allegations of improper conduct a few years ago. Of course they are only allegations at this time.

I guess now the ad hoc committee may now be dealing with some new Provincial government officials trying to put a stop to this destruction of fish habitat on the Fraser River due to gravel extraction.

Some members of the ad hoc committee met with FOC in Vancouver yesterday and I am not sure how it went.
I keep hoping FOC will put a stop to this gravel mining as many of us feel of course it is more about making money than trying to prevent flooding.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 09:38:29 PM »

He pulled something off in Chilliwack. Straight up guy until proven guilty. Like the Khmar Rouge. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?