Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stream of creek fishing  (Read 9607 times)

koifish

Re: stream of creek fishing
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »

I usually catch trout I mean all 3-4 times I went to vedder I Caught 3-4 trout even more with this 1 FLY then I lost that fly couldn't catch nothing hmm maybe that's what the Trout to crazy for so sad :( haha

I just try diffrent flies can't catch any trout not even a bite so I just try for pinks

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 09:18:33 PM »

by the way Green Timbers does have trout in it. they stock it a few times in the spring and then once in the fall. In the summer (july/august) they can get very tough to catch on most days. I used to head down the last couple hours of daylight when I lived close by and it seemed to be the key (usually) stripping a Black or Red spratley was usually the best.

If you want to toss out the strike indicator then try hanging a black body/red rib/copper bead size 14 about 3-4 feet under it. This has by far been the best fly for me on that lake. I have made my own tweaks to it to make it produce even better and then dubbed it the GT special (green timbers special) LoL
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

koifish

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »

Ok thanks!! I headed down to river road yesterday for white fish and pikeminnow no luck tide was out

Tenz85

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 08:37:05 PM »

I've checked out parts of nicomekl and serpentine but noticed there was a lot of algae likely due to the high temperature as of late as well as excessive fertilizer from all the farms along the river. I don't think there are many fish there yet but maybe after the rainy season starts it'll wash all that crap out and the fish will start swimming up. Anyone with insight on this feel free to comment.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 08:49:52 PM »

I have heard rumors there is carp in one or both. I have never seen one myself. What I have seen at certain times in the Nicomekl would be Cutthroat, Rainbows, Coho, Chinook, Steelhead and some sort of sucker fish LoL (sorry Rodney but I don't know how to tell the difference)

That is my limited experience on only 1 of the 3 systems and not in person, most of what I have seen have been pics text to me by a couple friends that live local to the river and fish it quite a bit (like 5-7 days/week)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

koifish

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 04:47:35 AM »

I've never seen a fish there lol early early I am I will reply soon again as it's 4:47

marrington03

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »

I've found with Green Timbers it gets fished out very fast after stocking. Within a week it *seems* empty. Some people target catfish in there and around the creek with success.

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »

I've found with Green Timbers it gets fished out very fast after stocking. Within a week it *seems* empty. Some people target catfish in there and around the creek with success.

It doesnt. There are a lot of fish in there. Its the first week they are in there that they love the bait. Then they smarten up, and flies work well. Ive had 2 30-40 fish days  there, on ONE fly pattern, while 30 other gear guys are grabbing one or two all day. Granted, it may be the magic fly. After they stock it for about a month or two, I can generally manage 10+ fish a day for sure. It doesnt get fished out, but the fish smarten up. I stopped off there on Wednesday after work just to fish for an hour. Warm day, hot summer, bright, 4 oclock, I didnt expect much. First cast in, I had a solid tug and a fish on. Lost him seconds later. As it goes, the next hour was uneventful. They are there, but they are tough after they realize they arent at home anymore. Same goes for Mill. Love that little pond for scooting a belly boat around. Lots of people say its fished out quickly, but it really isnt.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

koifish

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 10:55:18 PM »

I've gone to green timbers when after 1 week of the stocking no luck for me

Lol I thought I had a magic fly for trout at vedder I used this one fly caught 3-4 on my first try of flyfishing and I didn't even hook them every day for 3-4 days I ca ought at least 4 trout daily I've lost that fly couldn't catch squat lol haha