Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stream of creek fishing  (Read 9606 times)

koifish

stream of creek fishing
« on: August 23, 2013, 01:36:25 PM »

where can i go stream or creek fishing for trout? or anything which flies would work also?
i live in surrey bc so anything near by or little further or anywhere  ive been to burns bog in delta the creak or stream down there any fish in there ? ive seen some ppl fishing there but with small nets
any trout in there? or where else?  thx

koifish

Re: stream of creek fishing
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »

what about surrey lake park? not green timbers surrey lake park are you allowed to fish there?

koifish

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:33:11 PM »

anybody know???

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 08:46:46 PM »

Skagit.

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »

Not many folks are going to jump at naming their little trout streams for you on a website that can be anonymously viewed, and even then, many people wont name nice trout streams to someone they havent met.

Personally, Ive done a lot of work to find a few really good trout streams in the lower mainland. Nothing over the top, no huge fish, but enough to keep me busy for the day. That being said, I wont be naming them. They are around, and I suggest you keep the same mindset I started with, and still have years later. Find water, fish it, see what happens.

As far as surrey lake goes, I looked into that a while ago, and i believe you are not allowed to fish it. They stocked it at one point, but then stopped and fishing it messes with some equipment they have in there. Not for sure, but green timbers is the same idea. Learn to roll cast and hang out with the gear guys, or hit the west side and watch for people walking. But I would suggest you find someone with a belly boat, or buy one and hit La Farge, Como, somewhere you can get into water, have some space, and practice.

Once again though. Find water, fish it. Check the regulations on said water, follow the rules. Its just fishing, its not that hard. If you want guaranteed fish, head out to that pay to fish place in Abbotsford. No fly fishing though.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

koifish

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 09:56:49 PM »

I'm only 15 so I can't explore and find I can't buy belly boat either I've been reading on surrey lake on surrey city website saying there's salmon that goes threw and
You know vedder train bridge not at the bridge but when you drive down you park an fish whatever but when your driving on the rock road there's a pond like this they any fish there'?
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o676/lingling981/19175524-E35C-4EC6-BBD6-29706CA52EBC-7784-00000374C183A22E_zps59818a46.jpg
Have you guys fished ??
And I know another spot posting pics tmr if i can also do you know where burns bog is? Any fish there? I think farther you walk it connects to the fraser hmmm so let me know guys thanks!!

notracy

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 08:24:29 AM »

In Fact if you go to the GOFISHBC website you will find you can fish Green timbers for trout AND they even stock it with catchable rainbow trout. Hope this helps the endeveaur

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 04:06:56 PM »

he is asking about fishing MOVING water not lakes. I don't believe you can fish the small creek in/out of Green Timbers lake. I do think you can fish Bear creek and a few others in the Surrey/Langley/Delta/White Rock area
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

koifish

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 05:09:03 PM »

I went to green timbers 1 week after they stocked it I caught nothing I dunno why tried float fishing with a fly usually works at lakes but I dunno what about the pond in the pic guys? Any fish there

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 05:23:49 PM »

I doubt there is any fish in there.

by the way I was dropping hints in my post if you read between the lines  ;)

Go and find a list of streams/creeks/rivers in the areas you want and then check them against the Freshwater regs and GofishBC website and im sure you will have plenty to keep you busy hunting the water for awhile

I literally can walk to the Nicomekl river from my house, you would think I would fish it more and I probably should but I never seem to have time. planned fishing days are spent places else where
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:27:24 PM by HOOK »
Check out our new blog

koifish

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 05:46:42 PM »

if i lived close to there i would be there almost everyday lol

koifish

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »

theres a little canal by 17150 88 by that little highway there water there somebody told me they caought fish there but i didnt barely and water i oulled back tought had a bite and the hoook and weight came back i bet theres nothing

greentimbers has nothing to ive been there 3 times but ppl said theyve been catchinf dunno

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 07:12:52 PM »

that little canal connects to the ocean so im sure it has some fish in there. possibly even gets salmon. Google earth on my phone wouldn't list a name for it but I was thinking it was the Serpentine river because I followed the canal and it dumps into Cresent beach area. I could also be totally wrong

why don't you fish the Serpentine & Nicomekl rivers ? they can be tough but if you fish them enough you will learn the better areas. My buddy does well at times along the Nicomekl for coho and trout. There is also the Little Campbell river but again it can be tough going.

happy hunting
Check out our new blog

koifish

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 08:38:40 PM »

i would go but my dad says its dangerous lol haha its like a little slope thats why i dont go there

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 09:04:13 PM »

ya those 3 rivers are high grass banks. If you lean too far trying to land a fish or something you could easily go in. If I join my buddy I bring a long handled net to get fish in/out of the water faster. you can net them, bring them up without placing them on the ground, remove your hook and then put them back without even touching them. If you have a friend this can be done amazingly fast as well. My buddy has fallen in once before because he was walking the shore line and didn't notice a small cut that was still grass covered, stepped on it and there was no ground, Splash !

If you park by any of the bridges that cross the rivers you can walk the shore lines and see the spots where most people fish because the grass will be packed down. Don't expect any type of fish numbers or even getting bites every time out. I have gone several times with my friend and I have caught 1 very small wild coho while he has managed a couple small(tiny) trout
Check out our new blog