Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boxing Day Derby  (Read 16258 times)

chardeemacdenis

Re: Boxing Day Derby
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2022, 05:45:58 PM »

I would be surprised if DFO got involved with this as they have no jurisdiction over steelhead.

You're right, it'll be the conservation officers, and whom ever lays charges under the fish & wildlife laws.
Fishing isn't catching

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »

Apparently the DFO is quite keen on pursuing Mr Mirea.

Can it be that DFO believes that Mr Mirea is the King pin running the illegal salmon fisheries on the Fraser River?

No it's not true!  ::) ::)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 07:46:43 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2022, 12:44:20 AM »

Prize was returned to Fred's today and Brian's name will also be removed from last year's derby winner on the trophy.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2022, 09:48:41 AM »

Prize was returned to Fred's today and Brian's name will also be removed from last year's derby winner on the trophy.

Smart move to return the money, makes any charges now way less likely to happen.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2022, 10:33:30 AM »

He returned last year’s prize ?

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2022, 10:35:57 AM »

I would venture to guess Brian Mirea and his buddy’s are laughing about this amongst themselves. Look at the jet boat goon that put the beat down on Rufus got off scott free and Brian will get away with this stunt without facing any charges as well i would think. These two incidents are very disgusting and gives the Chilliwack/Vedder river fishing community two black eyes.

Sorry to switch this up at bit, but is this true? What happened to the jet boat guys who committed the assault? Was there any update? Last I heard, the RCMP were investigating which can take a long time.

4x4

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2022, 12:29:26 PM »

Sorry to switch this up at bit, but is this true? What happened to the jet boat guys who committed the assault? Was there any update? Last I heard, the RCMP were investigating which can take a long time.

I've seen or heard nothing about that POS or his buddies that assaulted Rufus. You would think by now some kind of decision would of happened. That guy with the black hair that was kicking Rufus when he was down on the ground also needs to pay for this.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 03:52:14 PM by 4x4 »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2022, 01:17:44 PM »

I seen or heard nothing about that POS or his buddies that assaulted Rufus. You would think by now some kind of decision would of happened. That guy with the black hair that was kicking Rufus when he was down on the ground also needs to pay for this.
I agree, this incident seems to have "dis-appeared" for some reason.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2022, 06:17:06 PM »

What was the prize? Was he cheating at last years derby as well?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2022, 06:35:46 PM »

What was the prize? Was he cheating at last years derby as well?

Who knows?

However there is no chance he will be nominated to the Chilliwack and Vedder River Steelheaders Hall of Fame!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »

However there is no chance he will be nominated to the Chilliwack and Vedder River Steelheaders Hall of Fame!
LOL!  No doubt about it.

mikeyman

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2023, 07:30:45 PM »

Rod saves the derby! Thanks for looking into it. I was one of first that posted that something wasn't right about the fish and that it wasn't cool that it had not been cancelled and rescheduled. Glad you took extra steps to make things right Rod. Looking forward to getting out there on the 14th!. No more freezer fish! No stuffing bellys either!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 07:32:20 PM by mikeyman »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2023, 10:04:24 PM »

I don't think so, there are always consequences, no different today than before.

What we are talking about here is a bit different. A sociopath (yes, I believe that's what this is) has no moral compass and would lie or cheat to get the highs they need. We're talking about someone who made up a fake organization back in July when Rufus got beaten up, posed as the president of that so-called organization, went on Global BC, fake cried during the interview, all because what... he thinks he can.

And he's going to business school? Good thing he got caught in a fishing derby, this could have been, still could be, a new Bernie Madoff in the making lol...

I don't know anything about Mirea and wouldn't hazard a guess why he did what he did. However I wanted to say that the vast majority of people who commit crimes, lie , cheat, 'screw people over' etc are not sociopaths or psychopaths. Both of these categories are not recognized psychiatric disorders but are lumped into the category of Antisocial Personality Disorders (ASPD). It takes consider education,training and experience to diagnose these. It's far more common for normal people to exhibit the same behaviors from time to time, the big difference being they usually feel or are inclined to feel bad about it afterward and have a capacity to change their behaviour. Truth is many of the people with the ASPD disorder lead outwardly normal lives and not a few rise to positions of high responsibility where their lack of empathy, facile charm and charisma seem to provide them an advantage. That's the world we live in!

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2023, 09:59:53 AM »

......the accepted technical term is douche bag......
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2023, 11:31:31 AM »

......the accepted technical term is douche bag......

LOL!