Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone lose a load of fish heads?  (Read 4022 times)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Anyone lose a load of fish heads?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »

wtf is this cupcakes
The Bigger The Better!

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 05:21:42 PM »

That driver will never be the head of a major corporation. ..

Suther

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 09:29:54 AM »

That driver will never be the head of a major corporation. ..

Blows me away that something like that can happen and the driver can just drive away leaving the mess for the taxpayers to clean up. Whoever did this should be fined and have their drivers license ripped up... Fine them the cost of clean-up, from the cost of the cops to direct traffic, to the cost of clean-up/disposal of these fish head, probably done by city workers or something.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 11:10:16 PM »

Blows me away that something like that can happen and the driver can just drive away leaving the mess for the taxpayers to clean up. Whoever did this should be fined and have their drivers license ripped up... Fine them the cost of clean-up, from the cost of the cops to direct traffic, to the cost of clean-up/disposal of these fish head, probably done by city workers or something.

A spill like this would not be too hard to figure out the company responsible as there are not many companies who deal with animal bi-product recycling, especially in that quantity. As for the clean up the heads wont just go to the land fill, they have to be disposed of properly which involves processing. Funny thing is the company which picked up the heads from the fish plant charges the fish plant for the pickup, but spills them. Then the heads get cleaned up and sent to a company (possibly the same one that spilled them) for processing/recycling and the company gets paid again for the same heads LMAO.

Good to know that you never make a mistake like a normal human being does Suther.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »

it's a shame the driver wasn't a little more head strong

Suther

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 10:47:06 PM »

As for the clean up the heads wont just go to the land fill, they have to be disposed of properly which involves processing. Funny thing is the company which picked up the heads from the fish plant charges the fish plant for the pickup, but spills them. Then the heads get cleaned up and sent to a company (possibly the same one that spilled them) for processing/recycling and the company gets paid again for the same heads LMAO.

Good to know that you never make a mistake like a normal human being does Suther.

My point was the driver didn't stick around, when he should have stuck around or whatever. I have made plenty of mistakes, dropping cupcakes outta my truck and just driving off is certainly not one of them though. Now the cops have to do additional research to try and track down whoever was responsible.

I wouldn't be surprised if the heads were on the way to some sort of animal food plant - cat food perhaps. I used to work in a processed meat shipping plant, and all the spoiled pepperoni, hams, sausage, ect all went to a place to be turned into dog food. Worst job EVER was having to open the packaging of that spoiled meat and dump it into big metal barrels to be shipped to the dog food plant...

As for proper processing now, I would guess they are probably headed to wherever the city sends their green bins from garbage collection, the ones full of yard/kitchen waste that goes to giant compost facilities.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:49:43 PM by Suther »

fishbandit66

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »

They're selling fish heads at Granville island market for $4 a pound. The sign even says "strictly no haggling". Clearly a very expensive load just got wasted!

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 07:17:39 PM »

Shoot I can remember the 80s when I lived in Port Moody and going to the local fish monger for salmon heads..4 for a buck....lol...then it was off to Belcara for some crabbing.
Take the T out of Morton.