Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CO was out yesterday...  (Read 5565 times)

CohoMan

• Old Timer
CO was out yesterday...
« on: October 15, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »

Came back to the car and saw a CO writing up a fine for someone fishing without a license.

He told me he went in there in disguise as a fisherman and caught a few violators.

Did not check our license because if we did not have them, we would have been long gone instead of walking to the car.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Re: CO was out yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 02:08:21 PM »

Saw them in Glen Valley park last week, too.  Also was told they were there the week before.  Nice to see them out!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Suther

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 02:48:16 PM »

Saw a funny sight at belcarra pier a few weeks ago.  Cops checking licenses nailed two people for having open liquor in their paddleboat. Then a guy with a 20hp outboard pulls up, and the cops ask for the registration. He doesn't have any,  so he has to wait for a friend to come tow it away lol

zap brannigan

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:13:49 PM »

Good to hear.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »

I personally love seeing the undercover CO's. they nail so many people its crazy. the guys/gals patrolling the Squamish this season were extremely busy each day they attended writing tickets. Was even told they nailed a few people more than once !!  >:(
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 06:00:54 PM »

Are these CO's or FO's ?... Fishery Officers wear green, Conservation Officers wear blue.  Reason I ask is most CO's this time of year are far too busy with bear, cougar or coyote complaints or hunting issues.

Kenwee

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »

We need more policing on the Vedder there are lots of violators out there fishing unethically.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »

the one I was talking about was in a huge pick up truck with flashing lights that said in BIG white letters CONSERVATION OFFICER.  I dunno, might have been a fisheries officer that borrowed the truck....  :P
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 07:43:58 PM »

I ran into the CO or FO last week, he asked to check our licenses, When he gets to mine he cant even read or unfold it from all the water damage that comes with fishing. Lets me off the hook luckily. I mentioned too them about the two younger guys who have been showing up lately, taking home 10-20 fish at a time. Also mentioned the snagging going on at Tamahi, he looked at me very surprised, like he had no idea that type of thing was going on up there.... ::)

The next day Im arriving at my spot around 1pm, those two officers were back and had busted those two young guys with over limit, and wild fish. Took all there gear, and packed up the 150 pounds of fish back to there vehicles, Evidence?
The Officers told me they are out daily on the river now, and have a morning and evening pair of officers.
The Bigger The Better!

merrittboy1

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 07:57:31 PM »

We need more policing on the Vedder there are lots of violators out there fishing unethically.
Unethically is not against the law... Unlawful manners of fishing are......

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »

I talked to the DFO officer on upper Chilliwack last Friday while he was writing the ticket for one fellow for keeping wild ho.

pbish

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 08:05:12 PM »

FO was at Duncan bar and ticketed a guy for giving a wild coho a rock shampoo. Great to see.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 08:31:50 PM »

We also got checked by a DFO fisheries officer last week.  Checked licenses and catch, then proceeded to ask us if we observed any violations out there.  Good to see them out for sure.   :)

zap brannigan

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »

these are the threads i like to read, nice knowing there is some enforcing going on.

Fillibert

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »

never seen so many people happy about ppl being ticketed... I know I am. But imagine a thread like this about TRAFFIC violations, we'd all be complaining instead  ;)