Poll

Do you smoke up while fishing?

Yes
- 38 (40%)
No
- 57 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Marijuana  (Read 27570 times)

banx

Re: Marijuana
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2018, 06:45:47 AM »

lol, sometimes you gotta reach for the stars.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2018, 04:19:35 PM »

personally I think having $hitty  kids would be far more detrimental to your noggins health than puffing a pinner and going to watch bohemian rhapsody.

Lol what ?

FYI many studies have proven that people with children live longer lives than folks without. Weather or not those are happy years is yet to be determined.

I used to smoke weed in my early 20's. Glad I quit. I'd probably be a loser with no goals just coasting thru this life like everyone I know who gets high on a daily basis.

banx

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2018, 07:07:20 PM »

hahaha i'm saying that if you had kids who were out all night, spending time with shifty characters, skipping school and basically stressing the hell out of you, would be worse on your health than having an otherwise relaxed existence and smoking an occasional joint.

I would expect that having solid family bonds would be good for you in more ways than one, even adding a dog to the mix  :D.... and I also have friends who consume daily and haven't amounted to anything. exactly as you describe... I also have others who would be deemed very successful by any standard; educated, demanding careers and fairly wealthy.

good on you for recognizing that it would be terrible for you. I think thats something a lot of people don't recognize.  which likely contributes to the stoner stereotype.

ribolovac02

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2018, 08:05:07 PM »

There is nothing in life that’s easy , it’s all about how every individual deals with it .

If you have to use any sort of “substance “,to get by ,every day , then there is something seriously wrong there, if you can manage life with out it ,or in slight moderation, then you are certainly on the right track .

I’m not judging anyone , and I never will , but if you can enjoy life in moderation and accomplish
What I said above , you can make your life a lot happier .
This comes from someone who never smoked weed ...

GordJ

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2018, 08:47:29 PM »

If you have to use any sort of “substance “,to get by ,every day , then there is something seriously wrong there

I’m not judging anyone , and I never will
No paradox there.

ribolovac02

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2018, 09:57:39 PM »

No paradox there.
You missed the whole point , so trying to explain is a waist of time ...

GordJ

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2018, 10:25:40 PM »

You don’t think you were judging when you said “there is something seriously wrong”? What is you definition of judging? It seems to me your post is the definition of judging. I’m not saying that you’re not right in your reasoning, only that you shouldn’t pretend to be non-judgemental.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2018, 08:44:49 AM »

perhaps it would clearer if he had just said:

If you have to use any sort of “substance “,to get by ,every day , then perhaps you should consider the possibility you have a substance abuse problem.

There was one simple reason to legalize - to end prohibition of a substance in such common use seeing it in use or smelling it's use is a daily event. In general drug laws and policy in North America are a travesty causing far  more harm than good. They are a total waste of our resources and social capital.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »

If you have to use any sort of “substance “,to get by ,every day , then there is something seriously wrong there, if you can manage life with out it ,or in slight moderation, then you are certainly on the right track .

; You mean like coffee?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2018, 11:15:56 AM »

perhaps it would clearer if he had just said:
There was one simple reason to legalize - to end prohibition of a substance in such common use seeing it in use or smelling it's use is a daily event. In general drug laws and policy in North America are a travesty causing far  more harm than good. They are a total waste of our resources and social capital.

I would have to disagree with you. By legalizing marijuana and allowing people to grow them in their homes makes it difficult for law enforcement to distinguish legal activity from criminal. To have a legal possession of 30 grams is totally ridiculous and unnecessary and I believe pushers will have a hay day with this new legislation. Unless caught red handed, how would you prove that a person with that much weed isn't selling to your kids?

The government already has problems controlling the abuse of prescription drugs amongst teens and the inflow of fentanyl that's causing the majority of deaths, not only in regular users, but first timers... now they want to throw this into the mix. It's just like the free injection sites in Vancouver Eastside...nothing more than a haven for people who don't want to get off drugs and are provided with free paraphernalia for the use of illegal activity. It was created and justified as a means to decrease overdoses and prevent the spread of disease, yet the numbers have not changed.

Sugar coat it all you want....in the long run, nothing good will come out of this and I can just imagine the implications this will have on our health care system. Medicinal use is one thing, but categorizing it under recreational is plain irresponsible.

dobrolub

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2018, 11:59:51 AM »

I think we need dolphin police to get them off that fish they suck on to get high. Criminal behaviour such as that is unacceptable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msx3BAhIeQg

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2018, 12:28:07 PM »

I would have to disagree with you. By legalizing marijuana and allowing people to grow them in their homes makes it difficult for law enforcement to distinguish legal activity from criminal. To have a legal possession of 30 grams is totally ridiculous and unnecessary and I believe pushers will have a hay day with this new legislation. Unless caught red handed, how would you prove that a person with that much weed isn't selling to your kids?

You can have 30 grams on you.  You can have 1000 grams at home... a little above 2 pounds  ;)

Jk47

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2018, 12:41:23 PM »

I thought it only appropriate to smoke a fatty before replying to this rediculous thread. It never ceases to amaze me how the most judgemental people on the planet seem to be the ones who’s sh#^ don’t stink! While the average ‘stoner’ (in my 42 years of experience) is the most likely to not descriminate, and allow others to live their lives as they please. In other words ‘mind their own business’. I have allergies to hay and grass, etc. and when my neighbors mow the lawn it sends them into overload. The whiff of pot smoke my neighbors smell here and there absolutely pales in comparison. Would I in my wildest dreams ask my neighbor to refrain from mowing his lawn “because I can’t stand the smell”??? On topic with fishing, is it a coincidence that some of the best rods I’ve ever met are regular smokers?I think not. These are some of the most motivated fishermen (also possessing many other wonderful qualities) that you can find. This is my experience. Yours may be different. That’s ok. That’s the thing about this short time we have on this Earth. We each have our own unique and special experience. I let you have yours, let me have mine. If you see me on the river and my smoke really  bothers you, politely say so and I will gladly extinguish it or move away.  And I guarantee that unless you have just come up on me without my knowing, if you have your kids with you I would NEVER spark a J near them. I am more respectful than that. Of course I can’t speak for everyone. Anyways, I am purposely not going to proof read this post. As a high school drop out, regular joe construction guy, and regular stoner, I dare you to find a spelling or grammatical error in my post. More than I can say for many ‘straight’ members of this forum who’s posts are sometimes barely legible. Tight lines - and, peace man.... 8)

Jk47

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2018, 01:10:27 PM »

The government already has problems controlling the abuse of prescription drugs amongst teens and the inflow of fentanyl that's causing the majority of deaths, not only in regular users, but first timers... now they want to throw this into the mix. It's just like the free injection sites in Vancouver Eastside...nothing more than a haven for people who don't want to get off drugs and are provided with free paraphernalia for the use of illegal activity. It was created and justified as a means to decrease overdoses and prevent the spread of disease, yet the numbers have not changed.

Sugar coat it all you want....in the long run, nothing good will come out of this and I can just imagine the implications this will have on our health care system. Medicinal use is one thing, but categorizing it under recreational is plain irresponsible.
“Marijuana pushers selling to your kids”  ::) Wake up. If you think there are weed pushers out there trying to get kids high on pot you really have your head in the sand. Kids steel their parents weed and sell it at school, or find other creative means of acquiring it. There is no imaginary underworld of ‘pushers’ trying to hook your kids on weed. And comparing the legalization of marijuana with safe injection sites and drugs like heroin and crystal meth is about as intelligent and educated as your theory of the possibility that anyone possessing 30 measly grams of pot might be out to ‘push’ it to your kids! Hogwash!

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2018, 01:24:16 PM »

I have hundreds of bottles of wine downstairs. What's the legal limit?

People have no idea the billions and billions of $ wasted on drug enforcement & incarceration. It's absolutely failed. Jails are full of pushers. Users are on probation. Our streets are crowded with wasted addicts. Families destroyed. Absolute insanity. It is time to give up the criminal approach and regulate it as a health issue.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9