Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Majorly Blown  (Read 6375 times)

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
Vedder Majorly Blown
« on: October 17, 2005, 03:21:05 PM »

I just got word from my dad saying that his buddy drove over the vedder and it doesnt even look like water. it's so muddy, there's huge trees and crap coming down. all the years hes fished there, it definately the highest he's seen it.

Looks like the next few days will be a right off for the Ved :P :-[ :P :-[ :P :-[

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
Re: Vedder Majorly Blown
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 03:24:19 PM »

Thx, DaN

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 05:25:28 PM »

Chehalis- here we go!!!!

shrek

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 05:54:34 PM »

looks like we may be close to another flood.  The holes will be all changed

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 06:13:18 PM »

aaarrrggghhhh. this sux!!! :-[ :P :-X :-[ :-[ :-[ :P :-[

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 06:16:16 PM »

LOL doesnt meen theres not fish in there. watched a guy get his limit in hos and i lost a ho and landed 4 spigns on roe

buck

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 07:05:32 PM »

With the higher water levels springs will  at least get a short reprieve from all the snaggers, flossers , jiggers, sight fishers, or whatever terminology you would like to try and justify. Angling ethics by the majority of anglers observed on the weekend have totally been abandoned. These fish do not deserve to be  harassed and caught in this manner. Thank God for weather events like this. The only positive is, these fishers will watch hell freeze over before they ever learn to catch a steelhead.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 07:18:41 PM »

With the higher water levels springs will  at least get a short reprieve from all the snaggers, flossers , jiggers, sight fishers, or whatever terminology you would like to try and justify. Angling ethics by the majority of anglers observed on the weekend have totally been abandoned. These fish do not deserve to be  harassed and caught in this manner. Thank God for weather events like this. The only positive is, these fishers will watch hell freeze over before they ever learn to catch a steelhead.
:-X :-X :-X :-X ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 07:41:48 PM »

With the higher water levels springs will at least get a short reprieve from all the snaggers, flossers , jiggers, sight fishers, or whatever terminology you would like to try and justify. Angling ethics by the majority of anglers observed on the weekend have totally been abandoned. These fish do not deserve to be harassed and caught in this manner. Thank God for weather events like this. The only positive is, these fishers will watch hell freeze over before they ever learn to catch a steelhead.
:-X :-X :-X :-X ;D
I could not have said it better myself, because of these "fishermen" I have decided to fish the lower fraser for a few weeks!!!!  I couldn't watch that crap anymore :( :(  But, I guess that it paid off, 3 coho this weekend, barfishing!!!!! ;D ;D  Already looking forward to steelhead season.  The only season that seems to keep a lot of the "fishermen" at home. ::) ::) 
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 07:43:35 PM »

just not you ;D ;D :P

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

buck

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 08:09:05 PM »

Big Steel

You made the right decision to fish the Fraser. Great to hear someone caught a fish legally this weekend.

JL

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 10:10:02 PM »

Good to see...time to learn the river again

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 12:19:06 AM »

Unfortunately more and more people are going steelheading!  The tactics in some spots (behind the store) get to be very similar to what is taking place now!   :'(

James

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 01:07:00 AM »

so if i were planning to go up tomorow , i should wait ?  :-\     or is the water level just high and will it recede by mid day tomorow ?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 01:08:21 AM »

you should definitely wait, or fish a different system such as the Stave that is dam controlled. The chance of it dropping back to fishable level by afternoon is almost zero.